Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Care Advice

Hi
    Ive finally taken the plunge and ordered myself a decent cue (Peradon Saturn - I play English pool more than snooker).

After years of playing with a £40 cue I've never been too bothered about looking after it properly or it getting scratched etc. But now Having spent £220 on a cue and further £45 on a case (http://www.abcsnooker.co.uk/Discount...t-3/4-Cue-Case) I think il actually cry if it gets scratched or damaged. I want to keep it in perfect condition for as long as possible.

So...is the case good enough protection, or do i need to get further padding/protectors to keep it safe when transporting. I've seen joint and tip protectors online but don't know if they're really necessary?

Also, I have a habit of resting my cue in the floor when awaiting my shot, even letting the cue hit the floor when resting it back down on the butt (not banging it down just letting it hit the floor!). My old cheap cue had a rubber but on the end of the butt so this didn't matter. Is there anything similar that I can get for my Peradon cue? Only thing I've seen is an official Peradon one that screws in but it's a brass weight that weighs 1oz and my cue is already the perfect weight for me!

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Cheers
    Scott

Cue Care Advice

if the pub/club has carpet not a major problem but when they have tiled/slabs I tend to put the cue butt on my shoe top to protect the butt and joint

also don't Peradon do a rubber butt plug thing that protects the joint and butt end?
    Last edited by DeanH; 14 October 2014, 08:58 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

There are stoppers available but not really necessary, as for the case, some of the cheaper cases can have problems with the screws on the catches poking through, for the same money you can't go wrong with the bog standard cue craft cases. Have to say though you could have got a lot more cue for your money by asking on here first.
      No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

A word of advice. When playing pool in pub environment, when you are not playing put cue away in case. I grew up in pub, seen a few snapped that way. If you can avoid it, dont let anyone borrow it. I had a jp snapped by a "friend" messing around when he borrowed my cue. He never did pay for repair and when i got done, was never the same (and i was very much poorer and a friend down for it).

Comment

Thanks for the advice all. So it sounds like the cue will be fine when in the case I don't need to add extra protectors etc

Also I've had my heart set on this cue for a while. I do like Peradon cues, I love the look of the Saturn and Its personalised with my name etc. when you say I could have got more cue for my money I'm not sure it would have appealed as I'm only a decent pool player ie not county standard there's only so much I can do with a cue!

Comment

Oh, no one will be touching it never mind borrowing it. I'll use it for matches only when playing pubs and will be taking my old cue if I'm planning on having one too many!

Comment

Originally Posted by smlcfc View Post
              Thanks for the advice all. So it sounds like the cue will be fine when in the case I don't need to add extra protectors etc

Also I've had my heart set on this cue for a while. I do like Peradon cues, I love the look of the Saturn and Its personalised with my name etc. when you say I could have got more cue for my money I'm not sure it would have appealed as I'm only a decent pool player ie not county standard there's only so much I can do with a cue!
              Maybe and nothing wrong with peradon, but personally for that price many would of ventured towards the Phoenix cues which are great cues for the money,but if you are happy with the peradon it's all that matters.
              Try not to get into the bug in the future in spending £400-£500 plus on cues from the expensive cuemakers out there, trust me you will only be paying for the name and bragging rights and the cues won't make you play any better.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                if the pub/club has carpet not a major problem but when they have tiled/slabs I tend to put the cue butt on my shoe top to protect the butt and joint

also don't Peradon do a rubber butt plug thing that protects the joint and butt end?
                I do the same. I tried a while back to order one of those 'gems' ( that you can screw into the butt of a cue to protect it ), but the postie nicked it after it was mailed to me!

Comment

What are these 'gems' then?

Comment

these are nylon (not rubber) and it says does not add any appreciable weight.
                    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peradon-Cu...item3a9944bc03

personally never used one and has been said look after the cue, in the case etc. and you should not have any problems
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Scott how have you got on with your Saturn?
                      I see people say you could get a lot more for your money but a lot more what? There are hardly any other cue makers that use Olive Wood, which gives a nice unique look.

Comment

Working...
                      X