Buying a new cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    they have been in touch with me can you show me the link?
    I don't quite understand your meaning.? I dont know if they have a webpage, if you go to ebay and search grand Cue they will show up. Hope this helps. Cheers, they are very nice cues.
    I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

I don't know if this is the only seller of them but Sun-mall, sells the cues on ebay, the shop is called Grand Custom Cue, the cues themselves have David Wu on the badges along with Grand cue
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Emperor-Se...item418b16be7f
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

after talking with more people in my local club decided to focus on my pool for this season so will be on the look out for a new cue for that

Comment

Originally Posted by Brooksy147 View Post
          after talking with more people in my local club decided to focus on my pool for this season so will be on the look out for a new cue for that
          They have allot of cues with 9 mm tips... Good Luck with your pool.
          I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
            I just purchased a Grand cue from ebay, its the best maple cue I have ever owned. It came with a leather case and both long and short extensions. I dont know maybe I just got lucky, but could not be happier, my John Parris maple is still in its case.

What are the splicings like and is the ebony died or is it really jet black thinking of trying one but in ash. Thanks

Comment

http://www.grandcue.com/files/product.html for the price of these grand cues i rather go out there.. down the jetty hit the beach. get some rays on the lily white, check out the peaches while sucklin on a coconut. do the night life with the finest tour guide. being pickled by then id stay up and mossy on down to niche in the morning on the way to the runway, hopefully with a stash of nice sticks under the arm. wouldnt cost much more

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                http://www.grandcue.com/files/product.html for the price of these grand cues i rather go out there.. down the jetty hit the beach. get some rays on the lily white, check out the peaches while sucklin on a coconut. do the night life with the finest tour guide. being pickled by then id stay up and mossy on down to niche in the morning on the way to the runway, hopefully with a stash of nice sticks under the arm. wouldnt cost much more
                Are they the same people? Very interesting. Just checked the grand cues on ebay are from China.
                Last edited by itsnoteasy; 2 December 2014, 06:16 PM.

Comment

not sure but i think the niche are one of a few workshops that turnout cues/shafts for a lot of people. point being though that the east cue prices are getting so high that its worth skipping the middle man, get the flip fops on and have an adventure. you'll pay a bit more but youll come back with a few nice cues and a hole in the pants of memories

Comment

Aye your right there J6, they are fast catching up what you pay over here especially if you go through the middle men.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      Aye your right there J6, they are fast catching up what you pay over here especially if you go through the middle men.
                      fortunately for me a lot of people are very happy to pay the middle men. there are a number of good reasons why!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        fortunately for me a lot of people are very happy to pay the middle men. there are a number of good reasons why!
                        Well,I think the price is about the same, Andrew. Especially with VAT and import duties that nowadays you have to pay. If you buy from an agent,, you get the chance to try before you buy it. That is very important, especially for people who have not much experience with snooker cues and do'nt know yet what spec suits their game.
                        to be honest, I think the time of cheap cues from Thailand is over. well, maybe a few !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                          Well,I think the price is about the same, Andrew. Especially with VAT and import duties that nowadays you have to pay. If you buy from an agent,, you get the chance to try before you buy it. That is very important, especially for people who have not much experience with snooker cues and do'nt know yet what spec suits their game.
                          to be honest, I think the time of cheap cues from Thailand is over. well, maybe a few !!!
                          the good ones have not been cheap for ages, but yes the cost of transferring money and taxes etc level the field pretty quickly.
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                            It was always just a matter of time before they realised, that they were what I believe to be, underselling their work. Some of the Thai cues i've had have been fantastic.

Comment

Originally Posted by hunter101 View Post
                              It was always just a matter of time before they realised, that they were what I believe to be, underselling their work. Some of the Thai
                              cues i've had have been fantastic.
                              Could'nt agree more!!! Let's face it, the quality of shaft (top range cues), is just perfect. I saw the new collection of Stu green on his website!! amazing!!
                              Anyway, for me,, I'm glad we have people like Andrew and stu.
                              Makes it easier to do business!! great guys to deal with!!!

Comment

thats way i say, get out there if you really want a good one, because before any of you lot get a sniff all the good cues that come in have been well rummaged and cherry picked. you'll just be scrapping over second rate cues at best
                                but if your willing to compromise on looks theres still many nice paying cues around old and new
                                Last edited by j6uk; 3 December 2014, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X