Brittania Steel Cue Problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brittania Steel Cue Problems.

Mate of mine comes up to me last night and says that his cue was making a pinging noise i said is your tip loose he said no it was a brand new cue that he bought from a sports shop in Glasgow. On further inspection by myself i noticed that his ferrule was loose. He said that this is his third cue from brittania that he has had replaced...by the shop. dont now what was wrong with the first cue but he said that the joint was faulty on the second cue and this cue from last night was another replacement. Anyway just wondering if anyone else has had any problems like this from the cue maker ? On a plus side tho the cue looked very good with very nice ash and the butt splice were all spot on. Defo ebony used on the butt unlike most cheapish cues around nowadays. Over all the cue was very well made. But for near £200 i told him he would have been better off buying something else. I have since re-done the ferrule and put a nice new tip on the cue for him so lets hope this is the end of his cue problems for a while.
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
    Mate of mine comes up to me last night and says that his cue was making a pinging noise i said is your tip loose he said no it was a brand new cue that he bought from a sports shop in Glasgow. On further inspection by myself i noticed that his ferrule was loose. He said that this is his third cue from brittania that he has had replaced...by the shop. dont now what was wrong with the first cue but he said that the joint was faulty on the second cue and this cue from last night was another replacement. Anyway just wondering if anyone else has had any problems like this from the cue maker ? On a plus side tho the cue looked very good with very nice ash and the butt splice were all spot on. Defo ebony used on the butt unlike most cheapish cues around nowadays. Over all the cue was very well made. But for near £200 i told him he would have been better off buying something else. I have since re-done the ferrule and put a nice new tip on the cue for him so lets hope this is the end of his cue problems for a while.
    i have had a number of britannia cues the quality is usually very good.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
    X