No announcement yet.

Maple Cue specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its because they radially laminate the maple and if you take the dia down to ten mm it exposes the core so there is no wood left

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
      its because they radially laminate the maple and if you take the dia down to ten mm it exposes the core so there is no wood left
      Thanks for info !!! golferson

This was also one of their conclusions: (maybe you know this already,,,,I read this somewhere on internet years back . anyway nice info to read).

Species Modulus of Elasticity (MPa)
      Maple 12,600
      Ash 12,000
      Specific Gravity
      Maple .63 ( Laminated Mapel 68 ) Ash .60
      Compressive strength parallel to the grain (KPa)
      Maple 35,700
      Ash 30,900

Modulus of Elasticity, is an engineering term that basically tells you how stiff a material is (specifically, it is the ratio of stress per unit strain fyi).
      So basically, Maple is a bit stiffer than Ash (but not much).
      Specific gravity denotes the density of a material relative to water (which is 1.0 fyi). So Maple is a bit denser than Ash (but not much). ( LM mapel is much denser )The compressive strength parallel to the grain can give you an idea of the dent or ding resistance of a material. Again, Maple is a bit better in this regard.
      Actually, the two woods are quite similar in most of the "important" ways, with respect to mechanical properties.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
        Species Modulus of Elasticity (MPa)
        Maple 12,600
        Ash 12,000
        Specific Gravity
        Maple .63 ( Laminated Mapel 68 ) Ash .60
        Compressive strength parallel to the grain (KPa)
        Maple 35,700
        Ash 30,900
        Just wondering. Any idea of the stats for pearwood?
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
          Just wondering. Any idea of the stats for pearwood?
          Well, to be honest, I saw this on the internet years ago, mythman ..
          I don't even know which site, lol, ( sorry about that ).
          I'll take a look in my W document of my computer. If I can find which site,, probably I can find some info about other types of wood.

Comment

Thanks for all the reply! I just order a maple cue from Maximus. Hopefully it's good. Just wanted to try something different from what I'm using.
            My new cue specs:
            Length: 57"
            Butt: 29.5mm
            Tip Size: 9.5mm
            Weight is about 17.5-17.9oz
            Balance point: I leave it to the cue maker to decide where will feel best.

Will post my new cue pic here when it arrives.

Anyway. I'm from Singapore.

Comment

Working...
            X