WOODS cues ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOODS cues ?

Hi, just wanted to know if anyone knows about this brand, any one know if these are any good? They are on eBay all the time. handmade and they look impressive.
    This one I was tempted to bid it looks very nice and its very identical to judd trumps cue!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=390992114169

I think if you buy a Woods cue, you should be looking for the 3 star ones, i mean what sort of quality are you going to get for £41 with both extensions ??
    By the way you pay more than that for a decent mini butt lol

Comment

yeah I know quite cheap lol. They usually ask for around £80 for buy it now listings though. I have a budget of around £80 for a new cue which brand am I best going for? Obv I would love a john parris, Trevor White, andy travis cue etc but now for 80 quid haha. Cheers

Comment

not for 80 quid*

Comment

Keep an eye for this seller on ebay, it's James Butters, and his unbadged cues sell far too cheaply, they are excellent value
          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hand-Made-...p2047675.l2557

Comment

Cheers for that will keep my eye out sir. he has none for ATM though.

Comment

usually every few weeks so keep looking

Comment

Get in touch with Cuedos on here or on ebay he will have a decent playing cue for you in that price range. I got a condy cue( I think that's what it is the badge got lost and someone stuck another in lol) with a hidden joint ,it's real ebony as it was rubbed down and had a good oil Finish put on it by the seller) has one of the best shafts I have seen ,perfect side grain and plays lovely, just tip is a bit small for what I like( around 9.5 I like a10) but if this is an example of the quality of them I would highly recommend getting one from him. Oh and it only cost £70.
                Last edited by itsnoteasy; 9 December 2014, 10:49 AM.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Keep an eye for this seller on ebay, it's James Butters, and his unbadged cues sell far too cheaply, they are excellent value
                  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hand-Made-...p2047675.l2557
                  I agree with JRC750

This cue maker is very undervalued in the market - and makes some very good cues.

Comment

Not along the top quality lines I would imagine but I've been playing with this cue for the last two years and have been very happy with it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005XY3QVI

I purchased it as a tester cue to gauge the weight, length etc before I shell out a lot more on a decent cue but as of yet I haven't felt the urge to replace it. That said, I probably will replace it at the end of this season, but for the money it's a good buy in my opinion.

Comment

Very nice love the case.

Comment

these cheap Chinese cue sets are the best value you can get these days and any standard club player will not pot one extra ball with a thousand pound cue than he will with these, until you're making fifty breaks with club cues you're not good enough to pick specs out of the ordinary

bought a couple for the niece and nephew and the quality is fine for the 35-40 quid I paid

the designer expensive cues are like designer expensive clothes - they do the same thing as cheaper ones, they just look nicer

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                          these cheap Chinese cue sets are the best value you can get these days and any standard club player will not pot one extra ball with a thousand pound cue than he will with these, until you're making fifty breaks with club cues you're not good enough to pick specs out of the ordinary

bought a couple for the niece and nephew and the quality is fine for the 35-40 quid I paid

the designer expensive cues are like designer expensive clothes - they do the same thing as cheaper ones, they just look nicer
                          I know what you are trying to say but the big difference for me is that cheap mass produced cues are a lot more prone to warping as they are not given enough time to settle between different stages of planing, where as expensive cues very very rarely warp unless they are not looked after and stored properly
                          77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

Originally Posted by rob s View Post
                            I know what you are trying to say but the big difference for me is that cheap mass produced cues are a lot more prone to warping as they are not given enough time to settle between different stages of planing, where as expensive cues very very rarely warp unless they are not looked after and stored properly
                            Robin Scott cues claim on their website they keep their timber in a climate controlled environment for 3 years before they use it.

Comment

sorry mate, don't know how you're storing your cues or over what period but I've had a hundred cues over the past thirty odd years from the cheapest to jp and none of them warped - though I know people who have had expensive cues warp becasue they haven't got a clue how to store them

people seem to think that an 'ultimate' shaft 'hand picked' by a top cue maker and selected in advance by a discerning buyer will always be better than the shafts on them Chinese cues but a bit of dead ash wood is a bit of dead ash wood, if you treat it when you've shaped it they all do the same thing when you hit the white ball, them that think different are wrong or trying to sell you something

Comment

Working...
                              X