No announcement yet.

WOODS cues ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having had both a standard woods cue and a 3 star woods they are totally different, Firstly the standard woods 3/4 cue I bought looked lovely played grate but when I sanded the varnish off the so called hand splices where actually painted on and just sanded away but for £50 it played ok. Now the 2 woods 3 star cues I have had have both been totally hand spliced I have sanded them down to take the varnish finish off and they was superb level genuine hand splices, I have bought another one recently of eBay a 3 star cue cost £80 inc postage a lovely cue great splicing and lovely ash shaft. So the 3 stars are the one to buy all day long. Also another good cue I have had has been a David Wu hand made cue of ebay they darkened the splices but when sanded back the splices again where genuine and not hand painted.

Comment

Originally Posted by chris433 View Post
      Having had both a standard woods cue and a 3 star woods they are totally different, Firstly the standard woods 3/4 cue I bought looked lovely played grate but when I sanded the varnish off the so called hand splices where actually painted on and just sanded away but for £50 it played ok. Now the 2 woods 3 star cues I have had have both been totally hand spliced I have sanded them down to take the varnish finish off and they was superb level genuine hand splices, I have bought another one recently of eBay a 3 star cue cost £80 inc postage a lovely cue great splicing and lovely ash shaft. So the 3 stars are the one to buy all day long. Also another good cue I have had has been a David Wu hand made cue of ebay they darkened the splices but when sanded back the splices again where genuine and not hand painted.
      I wouldn't know if I could trust this cuemaker now to be perfectly honest with you lol. Im still looking for a cue at the moment. Theres been a handful of decent cues within my budget but rather unfortunately I don'y like the designs. Im looking at a couple of David Wu cues atm on ebay are his cues up to a decent quality

Comment

Rory, honestly get in touch with Cuedos he's on here, ask him about his Condy cues , real black ebony, real hand spliced, ( mine was sanded back and checked by a well known cue maker and given an oil finish)great playing cue, he has a great rep on ebay, he will sort you out a cue in that price range IMO.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I second buying from cuedos, I have had 2 woods 3 star cues from him and both have been great cues and paid under £80 inc postage and with all extensions as well.

Comment

Sounds a shout guys cheers I'll check his eBay.

Comment

He doesn't put a lot on ebay, better messaging him on here.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
              X