Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by khizzy View Post
    it got damaged during transit,the shaft is all messed up
    How're you going to get that sorted out, Khiz? Was it insured? I hope so, for your sake. Will you get Paul to make you a new shaft up?
    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

• as you know paul is really busy,and for it to be repaired i have to ship it to uk which is costing me a 100 pounds to and fro.plus i wasnt happy with the weight and butt diameter so i decided to get a new one.
      RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

• What about insurance? Wasn't it covered? That could really help!
        Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

• it wasnt damaged by the courier company,i had put my cue in the check in baggage.the aorline company gave me around 200 pounds
          RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

• Originally Posted by khizzy View Post
            it wasnt damaged by the courier company,i had put my cue in the check in baggage.the aorline company gave me around 200 pounds
            Ah well, I suppose ÂŁ200's not too bad, especially for a cue you weren't really happy with in the first place! Hmmmn, maybe there's an idea there...!

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
              you will not regret it of that i am sure. the world would be a better place if everyone made cues like trevor!
              Hi ADR147, do you still have trevor cue avail now? Could you send me a quote of trevor cue? Thanks!

Comment

• i have a couple - email me adr147 at hotmail dot com
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• I too have ordered a new cue from Trevor and cannot wait to get it!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Viciousandy View Post
                    I too have ordered a new cue from Trevor and cannot wait to get it!
                    Lucky you, mate.
                    I just can't seem to finalize my order..
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally Posted by recoil View Post
                      Lucky you, mate.
                      I just can't seem to finalize my order..
                      It took me several weeks lol! Stick with it, he'll get back to you when he can. You've got to remember that he's working on his own so doesn't have any help and spends all his time making cues.

Reminds me of someone I work with actually. They ordered a Pashley cycle (hand-made British bicycle). He called them up to chase up his order, as it'd been a while and he hadn't heard anything. He was told, and I quote (in a Jamaican accent BTW), "Listen my man, these is well good bikes, innit? You cannot rush craftsmen, hang tight and it'll be with you when it's ready".

My friend could't really come back with a response as he was laughing so hard, lol.

Comment

• I can imagine the scene. LOL

Anyway, I sure hope you're right, thanks.
                        How many did "several" count in your case?
                        I'm on the month-count already, since the 1st contact.. LOL (NOT)

Originally Posted by Viciousandy View Post
                        It took me several weeks lol! Stick with it, he'll get back to you when he can. You've got to remember that he's working on his own so doesn't have any help and spends all his time making cues.

Reminds me of someone I work with actually. They ordered a Pashley cycle (hand-made British bicycle). He called them up to chase up his order, as it'd been a while and he hadn't heard anything. He was told, and I quote (in a Jamaican accent BTW), "Listen my man, these is well good bikes, innit? You cannot rush craftsmen, hang tight and it'll be with you when it's ready".

My friend could't really come back with a response as he was laughing so hard, lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

• i have mine on order since nov 08 n still waiting... 12 weeks n counting but i shall try my very best to resist bugging him the waiting does kill sometimes :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by recoil View Post
                            I can imagine the scene. LOL

Anyway, I sure hope you're right, thanks.
                            How many did "several" count in your case?
                            I'm on the month-count already, since the 1st contact.. LOL (NOT)
                            We exchanged emails over the course of several weeks and then he called me to finalise specs and confirm he would be starting work on the cue, with a 12-14 week lead time.

LIke i said, you can't rush quality!

Comment

• Yeah, I guess you can't.
                              Just hoping I'll get to the confirmation point too.
                              I would really like my 'dream cue' to be made by Trevor, for many reasons, especially because it's impossible for me to try quality cues before I buy one. So basically I'm down to trusting the cuemaker and his work, and I have read so many good things about Trevor and his work.
                              Also, some of the design examples that I saw look stunning.
                              Cheers!

Originally Posted by Viciousandy View Post
                              We exchanged emails over the course of several weeks and then he called me to finalise specs and confirm he would be starting work on the cue, with a 12-14 week lead time.

LIke i said, you can't rush quality!
                              sigpic

Comment

• I also have been waiting on a cue from Trevor since Nov '08. Replies to e-mails are some times challenging. I was getting a bit frustrated at first. But, I have a NEW perspective on it.

I was on a 5 year waiting list for a custom pool cue from a Master cue builder. Once my name came up, it was another year until it was completed. It is an absolute work of art. So a few months waiting for my dream snooker cue, isn't so bad.

So my mind set is this. These cue builders are artists, they are building functional art. They are creating dream cues for their clients. That is why we ask them to do it, not because there e-mails are quick, or there web-site is great. It is there cues. 20 years from now, when someone asks you "is that a Trevor White?" you can proudly say yes. Just like a Balabushka, or Szamboti. Two of the other one-man shops from years past. That today anyone of there cues is worth TWENTY times the price paid for it.

My frustration has lead to admiration. I absolutely admire these cue builders who do it for the love of building, and creating a piece of art for us players to spoils ourselves a bit while pursuing our passion at the table. Also, their ability to do something they love day to day, on their terms, and be successful doing it. I for one am not living like that.

Just an insight into my NEW respect and admiration for our cue builders.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X