No announcement yet.

Trevor White Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can undersatnd you might be annoyed Shane, I think anyone would be.

Annoyed is not strong enough for how I feel though I can assure you.

Can you tell me how you know it was not UPS that delivered if you weren't in to receive it? I can check this end to find out what has gone on there.

As you'll now be able to see from my PM to you, and the tracking provided, UPS were the people it went with, so why any other courier was involved is beyond me. Also, a third party MUST have opened the packaging, as it was EXTREMELY waterproof when sent.

I'm really not happy with this.

Comment

• Having received my cue last week, which I can only assume is packed in exactly the same way each time, I am really struggling to imagine how water got into either tube.

What do you think Trevor could have done? As said above, I think you might be best sleeping on it for a night to get a little perspective. If Trev has sent the cue by UPS, as he says, and they happen to pass it on to another courier who have left it outside in the rain, there's little he could have done to avoid such a situation.

Comment

• I am i the process of purchasing a cue from trevor as well. Since i haven't yet received the cue yet, i can't comment on the packing or courier service used...

but as far as the communication "after the money changed hands" goes, I have to say I disagree with you.

I didn't specifically ask for any updates, but he has let me know when the cue was done and when he's shipping it out (earlier than expected).

More importantly I had some different ideas, as I wanted a plate badge instead of the normal disc. These discussions continued long after the money changed hands, and his attitude or the quick response of his PMs never changed from the initial ones.

Lets hope your problem is sorted out.

Comment

• This sounds very much like the courier at fault in some way. Theres just no way Trevor would go to time and trouble to manufacture a cue to the high standard he does and then not package it properly.

Ive had issues with couriers in the past and im willing to bet that almost everyone else here has experienced something similar. Trevor is also understandably unhappy with this as well as Aussie8ball and im sure he will do everything he can to rectify the situation.

Comment

• One again, this one deserves to be wiped out.

Comment

• Hi Shane,

All I can do is apologise for not informing you of despatch, I will admit I might not have done that, but things do get overlooked from time to time, so maybe this was mistake that could have been avoided. I guess we'll never know whether the cue was damp before or after it got to your address, so I can't say with any certainty that it would have made a difference to that, but no doubt, it would have made a difference to how you feel about it.

As I stated in the PM, if you want to send it back, I'll refund you in full.

Comment

• Let's try again.

Trevor,
                I received your cue today. Unfortunately, the package was opened for inspection and also passed onto a bodgy third party courier on its way to me.

The courier just left the package at the front door, which normally would have been fine, except it rained like all hell today and a bit of water got into the pipe containing the shaft.

I'm worried that the moisture will ruin the cue before I even get a chance to play with it. Is there anything I can do to try and stop the shaft from warping, and if not, can a new shaft be ordered to replace it?

The butt, incidently, is a stunning piece of workmanship. It's turned out exactly how I wanted it - nice design, not too thick but with a very solid feel. Well worth the asking price and I can't tell you how disappointed I am with the courier problems.

Comment

• I don't know about UPS but I know that DHL stores the parcels in extremely low temperatures during transit.i had the same problem once when the wood around my woolridge cue joint got swollen during Transit.I strongly believe this might be the reason.
                  My deep screw shot
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

• To anyone who has been following this thread today:

The posts attacking Trevor White were undeserved and have been deleted. I would like to publically offer my apologies to Trevor for what was posted here.

The workmanship on the cue I received was excellent, worth both the price and the wait. I would recommend him as a cuemaker to anyone.

Further discussions about minor problems caused during shipping will be continued in private.

Thank you.
                    Shane.

Comment

• In trevors defence, i recieved my cue about a month ago, VERY well packed in a tube, the cue is SUPERB and it couldnt have been any better, as far as couriers go Trevor cant be blamed for what happens to the cue after it leaves his hands, have you not tried to contact the courier and explain what has happened, they might try and compensate you in some way, only a thought......
                      Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

• Hi everyone,

Shane (Aussie8ball) has sent me a PM to explain 'WHY' he was in the frame of mind he was, and now I've read that, I can relate to his apparent mood, which had little to do with the cue it seems.

Needless to say, no more needs to be said regarding this particular matter, things are sorted now and we have absolutely no issues with each other.
                        He is actually over the moon with the cue, but, was concerned that any moisture that may have got into the packaging could cause future problems, which I've assured him is not the case.

I'd like to thank evryone and anyone who spoke up for my integrity through this little episode, it's very important to me.

Thanks again all, you're a great bunch.

Comment

• Originally Posted by SideShowKeith
                          Sorry about the completely non-artistic shots, which don't do the cue justice...
                          A very nice looking cue...and what grain pattern. Great shaft. I would really like to see how the whole grain pattern looks sideshowkeith!

Trevor, I understand the cues are sealed with wax after oiling. Does the wax sealing help to repell water from getting into the shaft in any way? Also, maybe its a good idea to do what Mastercue does, cover their cues in a plastic insert, you could tie both ends with a dead knot and that should take care of things. If customs untie the knot...then that's really too much....they should just play a few frames with it after...

Comment

• Isnt it possible that customs have opened package?
                            Our customs in Finland is just bunch of officious people,
                            so its possible that cues I order from UK or somewhere else, would be opened by customs, and then sealed again (or not).

Comment

• Yes the package is opened by the customs for checking.
                              My deep screw shot
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

• In case it's a snake trying to get in (or out) of the country. Clever snakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X