Trevor White Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jayhoming View Post
    it's kind silly to ask, but really want to know. is that tighter grains and more chevrons would be a better shaft material? anyone knows?
    Im sure someone who knows more will be along to answer, but no that makes no difference, it may be more aesthetically pleasing or for some the number and arrangement of chevrons may aid sighting.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
      320d BMW.

The turbo has been replaced once under warranty and now looks to have suffered the same problem, I ain't happy.

I'm hoping BMW will part fund the work, as a good will gesture. It isn't good enough at all really, so I'm expecting something substantial from them.

Find out next week I guess.

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/cars/bmw-320d/1029278/

Trevor looks like BMW know all about your turbo problem
      Welsh Is Best

Comment

• Originally Posted by Qubit View Post
        Im sure someone who knows more will be along to answer, but no that makes no difference, it may be more aesthetically pleasing or for some the number and arrangement of chevrons may aid sighting.
        i see, i thought it might related with the age of the tree, and old wood is better than fresh wood, or the other way around. just for my curiosity..but thanks qubit..

Comment

• Hi Jay,

The question of grain and its properties is something that many have their views on, but in truth, it matters very little.

Just for example, a piece of ash might have tight or wide growth rings, more or less chevrons/arrows running down one side of the shaft, or even no clear chevron/arrows at all.

Not one of these single attributes makes a shaft a good shaft or a bad shaft in itself.

What fundamentally makes a good shaft is something which is fairly heavy and quite stiff, no more and no less. The other, more detailed attributes of a first rate ash shaft are more cosmetic than anything else. These are things like even colour, no pin knotts or worm marks, clear timber where no visible defect is obvious, and last but by no means least, clear evenly spaced chevron/arrow marking down one face of the shaft.

The chevron marking that so many people go on about are in no way a significant part of a great shaft, unless that is, it matters to a particular individual. There are many many players who NEVER use this grain pattern in an ash cue, so it's not really important.

What really matters is what you like personally, not what others say you should like.

Comment

• really helpful, so the butt/splice made of different wood won't have any differences in shooting feelings, am i right? just for the different looking, as the arrows and grains..

Comment

• Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
              ........What fundamentally makes a good shaft is something which is fairly heavy and quite stiff, no more and no less......What really matters is what you like personally, not what others say you should like.

yep...totally and absolutely right.

"Ash shaft with fairly heavy and quite stiff, no more and no less" is exactly what I am looking for my new cue, Trevor. I

Thank you again for this pin-point, precise description.
              otherwise, my broken English can never come up with exactly what I want

Comment

• Trevor, if you will look at this thread, I sent you a pm about a week ago and also an e-mail, please, can you check and reply? Be really grateful to you.

Martin

Comment

• Originally Posted by craigslater View Post
                  The cue felt 'unfinished', when i got it i rubbed some mike wooldridge oil into it to try and make it feel better but it just sucked the oil up straight away, it took about 4 attempts until the cue felt right, they are also a nightmare to get hold of and never get back to you.

I had a parris ultimate 1 piece that i sent away to get into 3/4 and they accidentally threw the butt away!
                  Hi Craigslater,

I'm really sorry to learn that your JP Ultimate is ruined. I think they took, not threw, your cue butt away. A good quality unturned Gaboon Ebony of 18" worth £25!

Comment

• I'm sorry to bother you again, Trevor, but still, no useful answer recieved

M

Comment

• a quick question

:snooker:hi guys, this is Chen from China. I've been considering of getting myself a decent cue recenly. and Trevor White seems to be an beautiful choice. but my question is where i could find the catalog reference and where I could place the order. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out, esp with the order method. my email is clawhammer07@hotmail.com. thanks very much.
                      Like a rolling egg.:snooker:

Comment

• trevor white cue

look for trevs on this forum, that is trevor white himself - he dont have a catalogue or anything as he makes his cues from scrath - top quality as i own one myself

Comment

• Originally Posted by Belloz22 View Post
                          look for trevs on this forum, that is trevor white himself - he dont have a catalogue or anything as he makes his cues from scrath - top quality as i own one myself
                          thanks man. i'll ask by myself.
                          Like a rolling egg.:snooker:

Comment

• Sent mail to you Chen.

Please let me know your thoughts on it.

Comment

• I am sure Trevor's cue is the best choice for me now during above 27 page. ^_^

Comment

• Im going to get a Trevor White cue eventually. The designs look stunning. Im gonna get the 4 splice tulipwood one.

Comment

Working...
                                X