No announcement yet.

Trevor White Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think you'd have to wait longer and pay more than Potmad.
    #jeSuisByrom

Comment

• Thanks for your advising,i think i will look for one used because i love TW

Comment

• Originally Posted by simpleaaa View Post
        Thanks for your advising,i think i will look for one used because i love TW
        T.White cues are always popping up on the forum or why not post your specs and see what people have for sale ????
        http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

• TW still x reply my e-mail too....but I understand that...maybe he is picking up to his schedule before year's end or Christmas....

Patiently waiting.........
          My cueing sucks

Comment

• TBH One thing that nags me is when people order 4/5 cues at a time with the intention of selling them on. Surely this is part of the reason why people who would love to own a TW cue have to wait so long for them..
            In my opinion I would never buy a cue of a middle man as that cue hasn't been made to your spec BUT is the same price as one that would be made to your spec....

Comment

• Originally Posted by Potmad View Post
              TBH One thing that nags me is when people order 4/5 cues at a time with the intention of selling them on. Surely this is part of the reason why people who would love to own a TW cue have to wait so long for them..
              In my opinion I would never buy a cue of a middle man as that cue hasn't been made to your spec BUT is the same price as one that would be made to your spec....
              I agree with you potmad, but in saying that if a middle man had a cue that was exactly the specs you wanted wouldn't you buy from them instead of waiting for one to be made?

If i had the lucky fortune of having to wait for a cue i've personally ordered from trevor, i would be peeved that i was waiting longer for my cue because he was making 4/5 cues for one person. In saying that, if Mr White had a problem with people buying and on selling his cues then surely he would have a rough idea of "What people want" and could atleast make some "shelf" cues that people could, although probably not the exact splice/ wood that would like, buy without the wait because it suited their specs and was ready and waiting.

Comment

TBH One thing that nags me is when people order 4/5 cues at a time with the intention of selling them on. Surely this is part of the reason why people who would love to own a TW cue have to wait so long for them..
                it does not work like that. the number of cues trevor can make is fixed because he does it all himself. trevor does not sell cues to the trade at all and the only reason he sells them to me is i have known him a long time. as for middle men they exist in all business and many people would rather buy from somebody who knows what they are talking about than buy direct themselves. you would be amazed how many people think they know what spec they need but actually have no idea because it is either impossible or would make for a terrible cue. think about it like this, a car dealer can buy a car at auction because he can repair any problems and knows what he can sell it for. in theory you can buy the same car at auction for similar money but most people would rather pay a little more and buy it from the dealer. you pay for the knowledge and experience.

please also note the cues i buy from trevor are either for me - although he never gets round to finishing them! or they are cues made for people who didn't turn up and pay for them etc...
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• TW already replied my e-mail. He said I have to wait 20-24weeks before the cue making process can be finished. I have no problem with that anyway...as I will have other cues from UT, Dan and probably MW before I have his masterpiece.

Playing snooker and cues collection are very wonderful things to do....
                  My cueing sucks

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    it does not work like that. the number of cues trevor can make is fixed because he does it all himself. trevor does not sell cues to the trade at all and the only reason he sells them to me is i have known him a long time. as for middle men they exist in all business and many people would rather buy from somebody who knows what they are talking about than buy direct themselves. you would be amazed how many people think they know what spec they need but actually have no idea because it is either impossible or would make for a terrible cue. think about it like this, a car dealer can buy a car at auction because he can repair any problems and knows what he can sell it for. in theory you can buy the same car at auction for similar money but most people would rather pay a little more and buy it from the dealer. you pay for the knowledge and experience.

please also note the cues i buy from trevor are either for me - although he never gets round to finishing them! or they are cues made for people who didn't turn up and pay for them etc...
                    Hi ADR147, need your help, if possible please let me know your contact detail, like email, thanks

Comment

• Originally Posted by layla View Post
                      Hi ADR147, need your help, if possible please let me know your contact detail, like email, thanks
                      adr147 at hotmail dot com
                      My cueing sucks

Comment

Well, unless your spec is very unusual, you probably will find one on the used market or from a middle person that will suit you. Sometimes, buying from a middle person is a good thing--if he knows what he is doing and is willing to back up the product, with good communication and follow up service and so on--it is kind of like going through the retail department of a production plant. Middle person can also help with the marketing and exposure of the cue maker, which in turn can increase the value of the cue you are buying on the used market.
                        In a free market, you cannot really complain about some people buying more cues from a cue maker for resale or collection or whatever, that is the way it goes when a cue maker gets to be famous and well known.
                        Regarding your last point, if you buy from a middle man, the cue might not be made to your own spec, and could be actually more expensive than if you buy directly custom order.
                        Last edited by poolqjunkie; 1 December 2009, 06:22 AM.
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                          Well, unless your spec is very unusual, you probably will find one on the used market or from a middle person that will suit you. Sometimes, buying from a middle person is a good thing--if he knows what he is doing and is willing to back up the product, with good communication and follow up service and so on--it is kind of like going through the retail department of a production plant. Middle person can also help with the marketing and exposure of the cue maker, which in turn can increase the value of the cue you are buying on the used market.
                          In a free market, you cannot really complain about some people buying more cues from a cue maker for resale or collection or whatever, that is the way it goes when a cue maker gets to be famous and well known.
                          Regarding your last point, if you buy from a middle man, the cue might not be made to your own spec, and could be actually more expensive than if you buy directly custom order.
                          In some cases, it is necessary to buy cue from middle person, i.e. unclevit for omin/UT cues. Since he is the only way to get cue from UT (for now), and it is should be faster/better the get Omin cue through him as well.
                          My cueing sucks

Comment

• Hi Trevor I would be interested in getting a cue made by yourself. I have emailed Adr147 but thought I should leave a message here as well.
                            I have been playing with an old machine made cue since I was 11 and have been reluctant to change until now as the feel is so familiar to me even though its slightly warped and sounds pretty damn awful.
                            I would like to get one made to same spec as my old cue if poss and would be happy to visit your workshop to get the measurements etc...
                            many thanks

Comment

• Originally Posted by EvilDealer View Post
                              Hi Trevor I would be interested in getting a cue made by yourself. I have emailed Adr147 but thought I should leave a message here as well.
                              I have been playing with an old machine made cue since I was 11 and have been reluctant to change until now as the feel is so familiar to me even though its slightly warped and sounds pretty damn awful.
                              I would like to get one made to same spec as my old cue if poss and would be happy to visit your workshop to get the measurements etc...
                              many thanks
                              get it fixed don't change it.
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                                get it fixed don't change it.
                                I don't think you quite understand. I would like to change it now. Its an old two piece machine made Rileys and to be honest I don't think I'm getting any sort of consistency from it anymore. The only reason I haven't changed before now is familiarity.

I wouldnt say its 'broken'. I would just like a new cue with finer wood, with extended butt but with the same weight etc..

Comment

Working...
                                X