Tom Newman cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Newman cue

hey just wondering if anyone had a better picture of the cue shaun murphy used a couple of seasons ago which i have been told is a tom newman cue.Really like the look and would love to get a replica made but cant find any good pictures ? any help would be great

Aaron

Originally Posted by Brooksy147 View Post
    hey just wondering if anyone had a better picture of the cue shaun murphy used a couple of seasons ago which i have been told is a tom newman cue.Really like the look and would love to get a replica made but cant find any good pictures ? any help would be great

Aaron
    Any idea which Tom Newman cue he was using?

Tom Newman 1024 break cue
    Tom Newman 1274 break cue
    Tom Newman 1370 break cue
    Tom Newman 1814 break cue
    Tom Newman 1870 break cue
    The 'Newman' Champion cue

There might be others I don't know about.
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by Brooksy147 View Post

Aaron
      Why not just buy an original 1370 cue the same one as shaun used,they only cost around a ton and apparently they play pretty well! I really wouldn't waste £400+ on getting one of these made up.

Comment

Slight generalisation there, but here's another one for you.
        Many old cues play terrible chances of you buying one unseen/untested that plays well are remote!
        If you have one in good specs that plays well, you want more than £100 for it..
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
          Slight generalisation there, but here's another one for you.
          Many old cues play terrible chances of you buying one unseen/untested that plays well are remote!
          If you have one in good specs that plays well, you want more than £100 for it..
          in fact more like £300 !!
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Dont forget that Shauns cue was modified by Rodney Hinde . The cue was not to original specs and the front splice was also not the original one . Leos suggestion of finding an old donor 1370 has merit , but perpetual is right , " playable " old donors are not so easy to find. Good luck.

Comment

Tom Newman cue

I had one from ADR and it played well but just a tad to whippy or I wouldn't have sold it.

Comment

Originally Posted by kir1 View Post
                I had one from ADR and it played well but just a tad to whippy or I wouldn't have sold it.
                yes that was a good one.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                X