yep, thats what this games about

Comment

Originally Posted by WHolmes View Post
          the range of cues that argos sell are laughable
          even funnier if you see a nice player make a ton with one

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
            even funnier if you see a nice player make a ton with one
            I'd be impressed if a pro took one into the WSC and then made a ton with it. It would be the first confirmed century with an argos cue
            Highest Break 21

Comment

I'd be impressed if a pro took one into the WSC and then made a ton with it. It would be the first confirmed century with an argos cue
              my cue cost five quid and iv made loads of tons with it, but yeah id like to see it too

Comment

my cue cost five quid and iv made loads of tons with it, but yeah id like to see it too
                Out of curiosity, what cue is it?
                Highest Break 21

Comment

Out of curiosity, what cue is it?
                  its a house cue and it was interestingly called houseQ. i changed it beyond recognition in terms of the taper

heres another unfinished out of the same box. this cue hit so well i lengthened it with four extra splices
                  Last edited by j6uk; 16 December 2014, 10:33 PM.

Comment

you done a great job there jason

Comment

Originally Posted by garysnooker View Post
                      you done a great job there jason
                      heres one of those cannon cues thats coming along nicely gary. i changed the ferrule because it was off set, added an inch with four splices to make it just over 58, and took out all the lumps and bumps
                      <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/j6uk/embed/cannon%20cue/story"></iframe>
                      Last edited by j6uk; 16 December 2014, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        I thought I read it was something to do with the taper, that instead of the cue being like a cone shape all the way down the last eight or so inches there was no taper, and this was called a pro taper or cue? I might just have made all that up though.
                        That is true of American pool cues and is called a pro taper rather than a conical taper more traditionally used for Snooker cues

Comment

heres one of those cannon cues thats coming along nicely gary. i changed the ferrule because it was off set, added an inch with four splices to make it just over 58, and took out all the lumps and bumps
                          <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/j6uk/embed/cannon%20cue/story"></iframe>
                          that photobucket.did not work for me jason i would like to have a look at cannon cue and see what it looks like now

Comment

Originally Posted by garysnooker View Post
                            that photobucket.did not work for me jason i would like to have a look at cannon cue and see what it looks like now
                            this may work: http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/j6...w/cannon%20cue

Last edited by j6uk; 17 December 2014, 10:07 AM.

Comment

yes that did how many hours did you put in to it you should try and make a living from it you did a great job on it

Comment

thanks gary but im only interested in trying to create a few solid playing cues.
                                i work outside at the moment so it all depends on the weather, but it doesn't take long if you've prepared properly. im still learning and building confidence so im being quite careful, very much like i was when i was improving at playing. i know the more time and practice the better i'll get.

Comment

Working...
                                X