Ronnie O'Sullivans Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie O'Sullivans Cue

Hey everyone, not sure if this question has been asked already but does anybody know the exact specs of Ronnies John Parris cue? Weight, Size, Length, Tip, etc. If so, what is your source? Thanks!

It's been asked many times don't worry, it's around 58 1/4", 9.5, 18.3 oz and uses a hard Elk tip, there or there abouts

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I just wanted to confirm because ive heard many variations, such as 58 1/8", 18.3 oz, 9.3 mm, and Talisman tip. Is it 9.5 exactly or are you just rounding up? Also, is he no longer using the Talisman tip?

Comment

Ahh well not too sure about ferrule size, and he probably changes tips as much as anyone else

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
          Thanks for the reply! I just wanted to confirm because ive heard many variations, such as 58 1/8", 18.3 oz, 9.3 mm, and Talisman tip. Is it 9.5 exactly or are you just rounding up? Also, is he no longer using the Talisman tip?
          I don't think it matters very much if it's 9.5mm or 9.45mm or 9.55mm or even 9.4mm as it's very hard to detect 1/2mm plus ferrules will wear down a bit over time (although Ronnie switches cues a lot).

Let's face it, he could take a broom handle and beat a lot of the pros playing left-handed with his eyes shut and I doubt he is very concerned regarding his ferrule size as John Parris knows his specs and makes Ronnie's cues to those specs.

Terry
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Haha! I wouldn't put it past him to be able to do that! I just wanted to know because im having a replica made by a local cue maker and was hoping to get the exact measurements...not that it'll make me play like him haha Does anyone know the specs for certain?

Comment

i think rons on a 9.3 and to a nice player like him theres a big dif between that and a 9.5

Comment

Haha! I wouldn't put it past him to be able to do that! I just wanted to know because im having a replica made by a local cue maker and was hoping to get the exact measurements...not that it'll make me play like him haha Does anyone know the specs for certain?
                You should try and discover your own ideal cue specs by trying out different weights, tip sizes and shaft flex and not copy someone else's specs even if it is Ronnie.

However, my cue is 58", 18.3oz, and 9.3mm ferrule but the ferrule is MW's 'blackspin' ferrule which is lighter than brass. But I ordered my cue before I knew Ronnie's specs (so I'm saying anyway).

I think j6uk is likely correct as it looks to me like Ronnie's ferrule/tip size is a little below 9.5mm and around 9.3mm. If you ignore my advice then be aware if you get a 9.3mm ferrule you must have a very pure stroke and be able to deliver that cue consistently straight. Any unintentional side (a very common fault) will be amplified by the small tip.

Terry
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

can I ask who the cue maker is?
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    can I ask who the cue maker is?
                    Ron Benedict, really talented and cool guy. Lives up in the Caledon area

Comment

thanks for that, a new name to me
                      has he been around for some time? mainly pool cues?
                      cant find a webiste but that is not surprises
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        thanks for that, a new name to me
                        has he been around for some time? mainly pool cues?
                        cant find a webiste but that is not surprises
                        Hmm not too sure if he has a website but hes been in the business for over 40 years, guys truly a craftsmen.
                        Last edited by OmaMiesta; 12 August 2015, 11:55 PM.

Comment

lovely parris ultimate

Comment

Working...
                          X