Re-splicing a cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-splicing a cue

I have a decent cue (mw, 3/4 ash) fantastic shaft, great weight etc but the butt is too slim, being 28mm. Been thinking for a while about getting it re-spliced to make butt 30mm (a beyonce butt).
    If I get a good cuemaker/alterer to do this will i lose a lot of the "feel" i get with the cue at the moment? Ive tried to get used to the slimmer size, but i just cant sadly.
    Just wondered if anyone else has had a cue changed in this way?
    Thankyou for any input, will be greatly appreciated.

I had a cue from craftsman (15 years ago). I sent the cue to craftsman to do that (from 28.3 to 30mm). He did a Great job. I noticed no difference in terms of playability and feeling !!! The balance point of the cue is also important. if I were you, I would consult with the cuemaker and ask his advice !!! Just MHO !!!!

Comment

firstly how do u know that you need a 30mm butt ? have you played with a cue with a thicker butt b4 ? I just had the opposite done to my cue just last week went from 32mm to 28mm for my girly hands...never noticed any difference in the cue after work was done.
      Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

A 3/4 cue just have a new butt made,no need to alter existing one.

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
          A 3/4 cue just have a new butt made,no need to alter existing one.
          Or since I prefer 28mm butt diameter, just send the cue to me and buy yourself a new MW with your specs

Terry
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

yes i think jims got it. thing is whats the dims at the joint because i don't think you wanna flared butt, you want it big but proportional right?

Comment

Working...
            X