No announcement yet.

Burroughes and Watts cues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That doesn't really make sense to me since I think they've been around since 1986. So the cues may be good but not like the "old" ones.. What is that opinion based on exactly ?

Comment

Originally Posted by strobbekoen View Post
      That doesn't really make sense to me since I think they've been around since 1986. So the cues may be good but not like the "old" ones.. What is that opinion based on exactly ?
      They're not the original company, burroughes and watts was around since the 1800's up to around 1968 or thereabouts. This new company may make good cues but they're just using a name people are familiar with to sell them.

Comment

Ok that's informative.. People posting things online with a negative connotation but not backing it up with anything substantial.
        Last edited by strobbekoen; 4 February 2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Ok that's informative.. People posting things online with a negative connotation but not backing it up with anything substantial.
          so please inform me and tsf then, what is the setup of b&watts today and who makes there cues?

Comment

It's basically like shopping at waitrose for years buying the finest food and then lidl takes over keep the waitrose name and stick all lidl food in there.

Comment

Some history on the original company

http://www.snookerheritage.co.uk/his...roughes-watts/

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                so please inform me and tsf then, what is the setup of b&watts today and who makes there cues?
                That was my question to you ? Since you said you had been warned to stay away from them and that they don't make anything - I wondered if you could elaborate. Just looking for real information since you seem to be in the know.

Comment

your not taking what iv said so far and doubting that im in the know so, what is real information?
                  That was my question to you ? Since you said you had been warned to stay away from them and that they don't make anything - I wondered if you could elaborate. Just looking for real information since you seem to be in the know.

Comment

All you said is that you had a discussion about them and been warned to stay well away from them, then that they don't make anything, then that things might have changed (since dec really ?), then that i should inform you who makes their cues. Real information would be having dealt with the company and their products yourself and base your opinions on that.

Comment

iv looked into it, made all the phone calls and been there. iv no other real info for you. but im sure your gonna do your own research so do let us know what you find
                      hope you find what your looking for

Comment

I do know that they sold a poor girl a cheap bce machine spliced cue for her boyfriend for the princely sum of £250 because she sent it to me for a new tip - at the time myself and another forum member karl. could not believe how cheeky they were.
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

There is Burroughes and Watts, B & W Cues and also BWL. I know all 3 of the proprietors personally and the history of the companies. - its a bit complicated and has caused a fair bit of hassle in the past !

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            I do know that they sold a poor girl a cheap bce machine spliced cue for her boyfriend for the princely sum of £250 because she sent it to me for a new tip - at the time myself and another forum member karl. could not believe how cheeky they were.
                            Was this B&W Billiards, Cradely Heath, West Midlands Andrew? A few B&W firms being talked about on this post.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                              The premise and company known as B & W is located new West Bromwich. I picked up the contact when they were advertising in 'Snooker Scene' They made some alterations to my ash cue which was not satisfactory and a waste of money. Burroughs and Watts near Sutton Coldfield seem to be the last man standing from the original company. Actually, I spoke to the gentleman proprietor today regarding a complete cue his company are making for me. 6 week delivery which is far better delivery time to most of the one man companys' who can quote up to 2 years. Not sure whether he actually makes the cues now, but his sales pitch and considering the customer cue needs are excellent. I wll post when I take delivery One thing is for certain. The company's cues are not made in China or Thailand like some single operators.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                                Was this B&W Billiards, Cradely Heath, West Midlands Andrew? A few B&W firms being talked about on this post.
                                Yes. See my previous thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X