Burroughes and Watts cues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Sir Ivanhoe View Post
    The premise and company known as B & W is located new West Bromwich. I picked up the contact when they were advertising in 'Snooker Scene' They made some alterations to my ash cue which was not satisfactory and a waste of money. Burroughs and Watts near Sutton Coldfield seem to be the last man standing from the original company. Actually, I spoke to the gentleman proprietor today regarding a complete cue his company are making for me. 6 week delivery which is far better delivery time to most of the one man companys' who can quote up to 2 years. Not sure whether he actually makes the cues now, but his sales pitch and considering the customer cue needs are excellent. I wll post when I take delivery One thing is for certain. The company's cues are not made in China or Thailand like some single operators.
    you seem to be full of beans and thats good, for now. i have a few questions for you cus im not sure you've read all my work here
    who owns b&watts?
    who makes this nice mans cues you speak of?
    and how do you know this nice mans cues aren't really from the east if this nice man aint making them himself?
    oh and if we don't hear from you again, enjoy your wait

Comment

Originally Posted by Sir Ivanhoe View Post
      The premise and company known as B & W is located new West Bromwich. I picked up the contact when they were advertising in 'Snooker Scene' They made some alterations to my ash cue which was not satisfactory and a waste of money. Burroughs and Watts near Sutton Coldfield seem to be the last man standing from the original company. Actually, I spoke to the gentleman proprietor today regarding a complete cue his company are making for me. 6 week delivery which is far better delivery time to most of the one man companys' who can quote up to 2 years. Not sure whether he actually makes the cues now, but his sales pitch and considering the customer cue needs are excellent. I wll post when I take delivery One thing is for certain. The company's cues are not made in China or Thailand like some single operators.
      That's my experience as well after talking to them and yes, their cues are handmade english cues. It seems some so-called experts here spread words which have nothing to do with any real experience.

Comment

Originally Posted by strobbekoen View Post
        That's my experience as well after talking to them and yes, their cues are handmade english cues. It seems some so-called experts here spread words which have nothing to do with any real experience.
        Give me a Thai cue any day of the week fella.

Comment

Good for you

Comment

Originally Posted by strobbekoen View Post
            alright then who are them at b&watts?
            and who are the englishmen who makes b&watts cues sugar?

Comment

A lad called dean is one of the cue makers, been told

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                That's at b&w billiards Jim, Cradley Heath, I've had ferrules and SD joints fitted by them. I think the other posts mean another Midlands cue maker.

Comment

cheers jim but wrong answer
                  Originally Posted by jim evans View Post

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                    cheers jim but wrong answer
                    shouldn't that have been the answer is wong

Comment

alright then who are them at b&watts?
                      and who are the englishmen who makes b&watts cues sugar?
                      What I know is that I have a cue made by them to my specs years ago (and for clarity, it's the company in sutton coldfield). I have been talking to them about getting a 1pc cue made with the same specs and been assured that it will be handmade by them in the UK. I specifically asked about this. I don't know the person who would make the cue. Am I to think based on your posts that this is not true ? If you know, could you just share the facts with us then.

Comment

you seem to be full of beans and thats good, for now. i have a few questions for you cus im not sure you've read all my work here
                        who owns b&watts?
                        who makes this nice mans cues you speak of?
                        and how do you know this nice mans cues aren't really from the east if this nice man aint making them himself?
                        oh and if we don't hear from you again, enjoy your wait
                        Don't know who owns Burroughs & Watts at present. Previously, Riley's bought out the company when it had thriving national premises. Don't know who they contract out either. My contract for cue making is with B & Watts. The cues are certainly English cues made with imported N American ash as are most UK cue makers.

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                          Was this B&W Billiards, Cradely Heath, West Midlands Andrew? A few B&W firms being talked about on this post.
                          I forget - a chap called malcom maybe?
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            I forget - a chap called malcom maybe?
                            Don't think its the same company. My mate just bought a cue from b&w billiards and its a nice handmade fully spliced with wenge. I think any problems are from a different company. Cheers for reply.

Comment

This thread is about Burroughes and Watts in Sutton Coldfield West Midlands.
                              The person there I've been talking to is Malcolm Jones.
                              @J6, stop playing smart and just spit it out if you know it. You give sarcastic remarks to people asking questions like "who makes their cues then sugar ?" and not saying anything factual yourself. If you know it, just say it. As I said, all I know is what I know from my experience of having a custom cue made by them, albeit that was over 15yrs ago. I've been talking to them again recently and was assured it's handmade in the UK. That's it. if you know this not to be the case then just say who does, geez.

Comment

Working...
                              X