X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue review

https://youtu.be/uTyjAibB0GE

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    this is the next ebony and ash before the finish.
    23" splices and no weight added

17.25bp

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      Will you be using the long splices on the maple cue Jason?

Comment

• Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
        Will you be using the long splices on the maple cue Jason?
        maybe slightly, say around 19".

Comment

• Looks and plays great, Jason. Thanks for the video. Hope it finishes well when you add the final touches to it. Cheers.

Comment

been in the workshop the last few days prepping after a winter break, and heres a couple of cue rescues that will be getting a makeover in the coming weeks

removed the offset weight from the cue on the right, put it back together with an extra 2" added, and took 2" off the top. will do the first splice tomorrow

Comment

• this is starting to fall into shape with all the four splices on. next is the front splice, then rough taper and ferrule

Last edited by j6uk; 7 March 2017, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• It's certainly good to see all the stages of you making cues Jason.

I'm sure it will be a belter!
                Last edited by Shockerz; 9 March 2017, 04:01 PM.
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Do you have a price list for your cues?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                    It's certainly good to see all the stages of you making cues Jason.

I'm sure it will be a belter!
                    yeah i do think its worth documenting stages, when i remember.. and this one should play well.try to get it on the table sometime next week.

Originally Posted by rocketryan87 View Post
                    Do you have a price list for your cues?
                    pm me if you like..

until then this is the next to come through, 20" purple heart splices with blood wood and wenge outline veneers

Comment

• 57.5/9.4/29/16.5bp/18.2oz

Comment

• macassar ebony and vintage shaft

58.2/9.7/28.5/17bp/17oz
                        https://youtu.be/ZPOfBeqlW8I

Comment

• Beautiful work as usual.

Even though I have followed your posts and seen all the photos I still have trouble understanding how you get the splices so perfect, cue straight and round. It's not that I can't understand the process as over the last couple of months I have used an ash board (not a good one, but ash so it feels right planing) spliced with eucalyptus ( anything laying around for practice) and it came out straightish, roundish and with some beautifully uneven splices!!!! as for cutting a tendon for the ferrule by hand, it's only by the grace of plenty of epoxy that it is on at all. Still I have enough wood for an-other 4 or 5 practice shafts, maybe it will start coming together after a few more. Just doing it for fun no other reason.
                          Anyway thanks for all the sharing of information and documentation of your work. Intentional or not your cue stories have become the most detailed information on cue making on the net!

Oh and still loving my cue.

Alex

Comment

macassar ebony and vintage shaft

58.2/9.7/28.5/17bp/17oz
                            https://youtu.be/ZPOfBeqlW8I

Credit where credits due that's a very nice looking cue

Comment

• Both cues look awesome and beautifully restored. Work of class and skilled craftsmanship. Keep up the terrific work Jason.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Alex Gara View Post
                                Beautiful work as usual.

Even though I have followed your posts and seen all the photos I still have trouble understanding how you get the splices so perfect, cue straight and round. It's not that I can't understand the process as over the last couple of months I have used an ash board (not a good one, but ash so it feels right planing) spliced with eucalyptus ( anything laying around for practice) and it came out straightish, roundish and with some beautifully uneven splices!!!! as for cutting a tendon for the ferrule by hand, it's only by the grace of plenty of epoxy that it is on at all. Still I have enough wood for an-other 4 or 5 practice shafts, maybe it will start coming together after a few more. Just doing it for fun no other reason.
                                Anyway thanks for all the sharing of information and documentation of your work. Intentional or not your cue stories have become the most detailed information on cue making on the net!

Oh and still loving my cue.

Alex
                                thanks alex, i was always good as a tip men in the club replacing players tips, but it wasn't till i put a ferrule on by hand and over 8yrs ago, and that started the ball rolling.
                                keep us updated on your progress..

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                                Credit where credits due that's a very nice looking cue
                                and plays very well too

Originally Posted by winphenom View Post
                                Both cues look awesome and beautifully restored. Work of class and skilled craftsmanship. Keep up the terrific work Jason.
                                cheers win appreciated

Comment

Working...
                                X