This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    thanks for that m8.. no no that cue is being weighted. be looking end of next week till thats on the table

yeah as you well know when you have a passion for something youll go to any lengths.. be interesting to see what your up to at some point des.
    If you mean speakers I'll find some pictures of a few I've built....

Comment

• Originally Posted by Despearce View Post
      If you mean speakers I'll find some pictures of a few I've built....
      i think it would be a good thread to start des, be interesting to here the crafts of the snooker heads.

Comment

i think it would be a good thread to start des, be interesting to here the crafts of the snooker heads.
        I could also put some snaps of a pair of speakers I made five years ago for my stereo. Using literally a saw,ruler and glue. Have a few more tools now.

Comment

this has now finally taken shape and should be ready for the table within the next couple of days

Comment

this has now finally taken shape and should be ready for the table within the next couple of days

For sale or already spoken for? I like the simple ash/ebony look....

Comment

• Looks great as usual J6uk. Hope it plays great as well. Guess I will need to be looking out for this hitter....haha.....Cheers.

Comment

For sale or already spoken for? I like the simple ash/ebony look....
                its reserved at the moment des but you never know with snooker players, if your half a mm out these days they um and arr..

Originally Posted by winphenom View Post
                Looks great as usual J6uk. Hope it plays great as well. Guess I will need to be looking out for this hitter....haha.....Cheers.

should be up this time tomorrow wiin

Comment

its reserved at the moment des but you never know with snooker players, if your half a mm out these days they um and arr..

should be up this time tomorrow wiin
                  Thanks J6uk. Looking forward to viewing it.

Comment

• Jason ....is your jointer plane made by faithful ? . If so how do you like it ?

I was going to order one of the faithful no5s but just won an auction for an old Stanley ballie for not much £s .

I fancy one of their no7s though

Cheers

Comment

• Jason ....is your jointer plane made by faithful ? . If so how do you like it ?

I was going to order one of the faithful no5s but just won an auction for an old Stanley ballie for not much £s .

Cheers

Comment

• If you can get them.... Try the laminated Japanise blades, hold a sharper edge that lasts longer to, for not that much.
                        For that one you've always wanted...
                        https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
                          Jason ....is your jointer plane made by faithful ? . If so how do you like it ?

Cheers
                          my 4 and 5 planes are made by draper and my no 7 is a silverline. all of them needed a days worth of work to get them functioning properly.

Comment

• What kind of cost were the draper planes Jason? If you decide you want another plane give me a shout, living in Sheffield i know of a few tool shops that sell second hand tools, varying from engineering to hand woodworking.

I'd imagine some of the planes made here 50 years ago might be a better bet than some of the new ones available now....

Comment

What kind of cost were the draper planes Jason? If you decide you want another plane give me a shout, living in Sheffield i know of a few tool shops that sell second hand tools, varying from engineering to hand woodworking.

I'd imagine some of the planes made here 50 years ago might be a better bet than some of the new ones available now....
                              cant remember des, but all my planes were the cheapest on amazon, but it was a good experience service them so they functioned as they should. the amount of work iv put into them and cues iv made with them,quite attached to them now. though thats not to say i wouldnt be interested n lookng at others..
                              m n shefieled a good few times a year so i'll be in touch next time im up.

Comment

• cue review

not quite finished but been wanting to have a hit with it for a while now, oh and pardon the skids, was out of my control.

so its:

16.75bp
                                17.5oz

https://youtu.be/FJf5KxGDIlc

Last edited by j6uk; 19 May 2017, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X