No announcement yet.

Pressed or Laminate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess would be that if all tips looked exactly the same, players would not be able to tell the brand from use alone.

Yes, a tip may feel harder or softer, but gauging what it is exactly from striking a ball with it would be hopeful at best.

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
      My guess would be that if all tips looked exactly the same, players would not be able to tell the brand from use alone.

Yes, a tip may feel harder or softer, but gauging what it is exactly from striking a ball with it would be hopeful at best.
      yeah, because the amount of time a tip is in contact with the ball is so short and there is also 4 1/2 foot of wood between the player and tip.

Comment

Depends on the cue I'm using, some cues feel better with soft tips others better with harder, generally I prefer pressed tips with Buffalo Diamond Plus being my favorite followed by the good old Elk Master. however I've tried Adr147 medium on both my snooker and English pool cues and have loved them on both, they just feel right to me, my favorite tip overall, although in general I still usually prefer pressed tips

Comment

It's laminated tips for me. Instant gratification, i.e. little or no play in time.

Currently using Adr147 mediums too. They're good.

Cheers.
          When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Working...
          X