• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How not to show cue length in an ad

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hand-made-...item3cf02f5781

Picture #6.

Lol it is very hard to do actually

Comment

Wether this is the real thing or not it's to much of risk buying any H&O'byrne these days without a picture of the pair holding the damn thing in their hands.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
        Wether this is the real thing or not it's to much of risk buying any H&O'byrne these days without a picture of the pair holding the damn thing in their hands.
        Especially when it's zero inches long .

Comment

this did make me lol

Comment

That's quite funny, good spot Billabong.
            For what it's worth, and that ain't much as I know nothing about cues, but I'm plumping for that cue being right, although I wouldn't bid on it
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              That's quite funny, good spot Billabong.
              For what it's worth, and that ain't much as I know nothing about cues, but I'm plumping for that cue being right, although I wouldn't bid on it
              It could be right, hard to tell with the quality of the pictures, but it's unusual for a new bidder, with zero feedback,
              to bid straight in at £800, up from previous high bid of £169.

Maybe I'm just an eternal pessimist.

Comment

hope hes not responsible for too much else when the 800 beer money comes through

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                  It could be right, hard to tell with the quality of the pictures, but it's unusual for a new bidder, with zero feedback,

It's a shame these days that a great company with a great history of making cues have to be questioned every time one of their cues are being sold due to di*k heads flooding the market with fakes.
                  For me it's quite strange that anyone and I mean anyone would bid straight up to £800 on a cue from a zero feedback seller who's put up shocking photos and wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this cue was a load of poo.
                  For me I personally think these cues even if genuine have a lost a lot of their value due to questions always going to be asked and sellers very rarely having any proof purchase or authenticity.

Comment

looks like a shill bid

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post

It only shows £800 because that is the sellers reserve price, the bid could well be £1500 !!!
                      In my experience of selling cues the zero feedback bidders are always from China or Hong Kong

Comment

Genuine cue!

Comment

Who the hell measures the shaft length and butt length separately anyway? Surely it should say something like cue length 58" jointed at 16", instead it lists the shaft length and butt length (in cm of all things). Seems to be around 57.5" overall. Really oddball listing having no actual cue length, even the shaft and butt weights are listed separately...wtf. About 18.1 oz.

Comment

Ouch, never ever offer payment via paypal and collection..
                            Delivery only to verified address or money can disappear quicker than you can say the word 'reversal'.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Old cue collector --
                            Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                            (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                            X