I retipped a cue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I retipped a cue...

...first attempt – my old cue-before-last I bought for pennies when I was at uni – fitted, for practice, with an Elk. Reasonably pleased with it:

Off to the tables tomorrow to see how it plays. Next job is to take that practice to an ADR147 'soft' tip and an ageing Peradon Crown I'm putting back together for pool use. We'll see how that goes...

Looks good mate, ferrule could do with a little polish with some fine wet'n'dry, but it doesn't really matter.

Comment

might need a little bit more doming and burnishing

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ictures%20tips

Comment

Agreed regarding doming and burnishing – perhaps naive, but I didn't want to go too far until I tested it first. Plan was to see how it played and adjust accordingly.

Does that make sense? Or does a tip need to be 'played in' properly first?

Comment

depends from tip to tip. i use black medium hard kamui as they play well from first shot and keep in shape for a long time.

Comment

I guess an Elk will probably adjust itself a bit. I'm keen to experiment with different tip shapes to see which I prefer – plan with this old cue is to use it as a guinea pig over next few weeks. Will be interesting.

Comment

Working...
            X