Ken Doherty ' s cue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Doherty ' s cue.

Just looking for some information after a discussion I had in my local club with a few members, we were all talking about various cues the pros used and then someone mentioned about ken's cue but couldn't agree on what joint the cue he uses has looks around a 4/5 to me but anyway,and if it has a round butt. anyone with any insight into this ?

KD's cue is commonly known to be a rack cue he found many years ago and has not changed.
    It is rumoured that the butt was altered by John Parris and hence, as can be seen from photos, the joint is not very far up the butt - approximately 12".
    Whether it is a round or with a flat, don't know
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Ken's cue was originally a 1pc up until about 4-5 years ago. I believe the alteration and new butt fitted was to add length to the cue and possibly a little extra weight and the joint position is possibly due to keeping the balance at the same position. I think its possibly less than 12", maybe even 10". I've seen his cue up in person and its certainly a very short butt section.

Comment

flat or round

Comment

Round, its almost like an extended mini butt rather than a full jointed butt section.

Comment

if this is the same cue he has used (racker, bought off at 5pounds from a hall) ... a joint was put in place because the modern day butt joint extension aren't invented yet.

Extensions are like long butts-- to put an extension on, one has to unscrew the butt and screw the extension on in place. It is helpful to think of extensions as longer butts.

I have not been following closely but I believe Matthew Stevens is still using such an extension.
            Last edited by lbs; 15 January 2015, 05:21 AM. Reason: clarity.

Comment

yes, Matthew Stevens still uses the old battered long extension (non-telescopic) with his old (multiple-altered) H&O cue

Comment

Working...
              X