bit of advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bit of advice

Hi all, before Christmas I was looking at the forum and after some consideration decided to buy a 3 star woods cue with case and extensions .
    I went on the woods website and contacted Kent directly. I ordered the cue with the specs I wanted and he said it would be here before Xmas so paid the 140 pound through PayPal
    I emailed him a few days before Xmas day to ask how it was looking and he said he was unable to get it to me before Xmas. After quite a few sent emails he eventually emailed back saying it would be 2-3 weeks. After waiting another 2 weeks I emailed him to see how it was looking and he said another 7-10 days the 10 days were up last Wednesday so emailed him again asking which he replied 1-2 weeks.
    I emailed back saying he had been saying that for a while to which he told me to believe him this time and he was sorry.
    I would appreciate to hear what you guys think about this and what I should do.

a few days before xmas day is the 22nd, he said another 3 weeks which is the 12th but you contacted him on the 5th and he said another 10 days, or the 22nd, so technically he's still within his revised 'late' eta

you could press him for a firm eta and ask if it's been dispatched yet, if not why not and when will it be dispatched and delivered, if it doesn't arrive by that date, raise a dispute in paypal or do that now anyway if you wish, disputes freeze funds which will encourage him to sort it one way or the other

if you paid him in paypal as a gift you may as well have sent cash in an envelope

Comment

If you have asked him to make a cue to your specific specs you have no chance of paypal helping you, they will not refund on custom items, but if you have paid by debit or credit card and the amount is over £100 you can do a charge back through the bank and get your money back.
      I'm not saying this should be your route but just thought I would let others know that paypal will not help at all if you order a custom cue.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I'm happy to wait for it. But do you think he is genuine or is he trying to pull a fast one. I paid through a credit or debit card so I will get my money back?

Comment

I don't know the lad, is he actually "woods cues" if he is I think he is ok, I have never heard anyone on here having trouble with non delivery before.
          You have 180 days to claim your money back from the date of the transaction.

Comment

Just be patient, it will be fine

Comment

Yes I think he is I emailed him through the woods cues website. I understand making a cue takes time and I don't mind if he turns round and says he's very busy but it seems every time he gives a length of time I email him to ask if it's nearly ready and he just adds a bit more time

Comment

You wanna try ordering a Parris Ultimate at 30 months waiting time lol

Comment

As JRC said , it will be fine.

Comment

Ye I see what you are saying lol bit just annoying that he assured me that it would be here before xmas

Comment

The cue you ordered on their site, is most likely not in stock, but still displayed as for sell. So he has to immediately ask the craftsman to make one up for you. this will takes at least 3 weeks.

Comment

So he doesn't make the cues himself?

Comment

Originally Posted by sparky89 View Post
                          So he doesn't make the cues himself?
                          Were's that pandora's box smiley when you need it ?

Comment

I honestly don't know? I thought seeing as it his through his actual website I thought he made them

Comment

He is a sales guy mate. No worries, i m sure you will get the cue before chinese new year, as all craftsman will go on holiday.

Comment

Working...
                              X