Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stained ash, how to remove

Hello all

I bought a case from ebay, leather and suede it said but i'm doubting both.
    The problem is the black dye has come off the interior suede????? and stained the ash cue.
    What can be done about getting it off
    Thanks

I do'nt know how bad is it !! But ,, Did u try Wirewool 0000 grd ? I myself use cue doctor shaft cleaner for this kind of things !!! They're not cheap but it works very Well !!!

Comment

Paint stripper will take it off no problem. Use 0000 steel wool to take the paint stripper off after a few minutes then re-finish with wood stain (optional) then linseed oil.

Comment

If that is dye that soaked into wood paint stripper wont do anything.

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
          If that is dye that soaked into wood paint stripper wont do anything.
          It's only dye from a case so it should do the job. Last resort you could use oxalic acid or bleach.

Comment

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
            It's only dye from a case so it should do the job. Last resort you could use oxalic acid or bleach.
            Dye has a tendency to soak into wood fibres. Bleaching it would cause the fibres to lighten in areas bleach is applied causing your shaft to appear two shade. Also bleach breaks down lignin so would cause structural weakness. A lot depends on how deep the dye has soaked in in which case a simple rub down with wire wool or fine sandpaper would do the trick. If dye is soaked deeper you have trouble.

Comment

thanks fo the info........looks like I may have to leave it as it is

Comment

Working...
              X