Weight of cue reduced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight of cue reduced

Just wondering if anyone has had a one piece cue reduced in weigh im thinking of having one reduced by 1 oz

Would just like to know things like

Did it alter the feel of the cue
    Did it alter the way the cue played
    Did the cue lose any power , etc etc .

Had a cue reduced by 3/4 of an oz. cue felt stiffer but didn't really get the feeling of losing power... Feel was very different as the balance changed

Comment

I used to play with 18oz but I'm now on 16.5oz......

I don't know how to tell you more but just two words .... " Feel Great"

Comment

Had a few alterd over the years and i gotta admit some are worse than others after weight was reduced!

1. Yes it does alter the feel of the Cue alittle depending how much weight is removed and if the cue is Butt heavy or Forward weighted but you can normally get used it after short while but not always as i have found out.

2. Doesnt really alter the way cue plays unless you really take alot of weight out and leave it very very light for snooker which isnt a good thing really especially if your playing on a slow club cloth but you dont notice it so much on a Pool table especially if you have nice fast cloth.

3. No you dont lose power really as long as i already said you dont go below a certain weight normally below 17oz if using for Snooker especially if you have slow club cloth, but too be 100% Honest its more about the delivery of Cue action and the shaft of the cue than the weight as i have had some people say to me can you order me Heavier Cue as cannot screw back with this one??....This makes me laugh as when i pickup there Cue and screw back up and down there Face is a Picture and i say Nothing wrong woth that cue!....ha ha

Gaz.
        Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
        Just wondering if anyone has had a one piece cue reduced in weigh im thinking of having one reduced by 1 oz

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post

I think how the cue feels,, has to do with how the cue is balanced!! If the cue is well balanced.. you get enough cb response and cb control!!! (of course if your technique is good enough). the quality of the wood is also important!! If the cue maker choose for the best quality of wood but the cue is not well balanced, the cue is'nt gonna be a great player !!
          If you got a cue which is perfectly balanced, I recommend you to NOT do this. The cue gonna be maybe 1 OZ heavier ...BUT, He doesn't feel great anymore!! IMHO....

Comment

adding or taking away weight can create more or less resonance so, its all about the wood

Comment

I have two cues made from One board so the shaft wood is Identical. Two cues with 2 different weights(18 and 20 ounces) other than that all specs being identical. Two very different playing cues. Although both play well I prefer the 18 ounce one.

Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks guys seems theres mixed reviews mm decisions

Comment

Working...
                X