Parris cues and VAT Refund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parris cues and VAT Refund

Any non locals (tourists)have ever bought parris cues and gotten a VAT refund for the cue? I maybe buying one and will leave London to Rome to head back to singapore. Anyone can provide me with some answers?

My Hong Kong friend visited here in UK. Just before he left he bought a JP cue, as far as i rememeber, JP will provide an invoice, and when you arrived at airport in UK, he asked for VAT refund form, filled it in and attached the invoice and put into the claim box, he received the money in a couple of months. So it works fine, he told me that.

Comment

Originally Posted by mchpddl1 View Post
      My Hong Kong friend visited here in UK. Just before he left he bought a JP cue, as far as i rememeber, JP will provide an invoice, and when you arrived at airport in UK, he asked for VAT refund form, filled it in and attached the invoice and put into the claim box, he received the money in a couple of months. So it works fine, he told me that.
      right, but not for the blokes in eu

Comment

Do the cue makers who sell on the Forum have to add VAT to the advertised price? Do they have to charge VAT at all?
        The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
          Do the cue makers who sell on the Forum have to add VAT to the advertised price? Do they have to charge VAT at all?
          they should if they are making money, but the price they say on here would usually include vat, but i wonder how many "hobbyists" actually do.....

Comment

No need to be VAT registered unless your business is turning over in excess of £81,000 per year, so you need to be selling a lot of expensive cues before you need to charge your customer VAT, its more income tax hobbyists would need to worry about as they should be paying tax on any profits made.

Comment

Thanks for replying. I was just worried as I am heading to Rome to catch my flight back and the VAT counter guys may say. You are going to Rome so can't refund.

Comment

Originally Posted by aarontww View Post
                Thanks for replying. I was just worried as I am heading to Rome to catch my flight back and the VAT counter guys may say. You are going to Rome so can't refund.
                if you have any freind who will go outside europe, he can help you with the vat invoice, but he should not be the uk citizen, or he could prove that he lived outside eu for more tha 183 days per year

Comment

Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
                  No need to be VAT registered unless your business is turning over in excess of £81,000 per year, so you need to be selling a lot of expensive cues before you need to charge your customer VAT, its more income tax hobbyists would need to worry about as they should be paying tax on any profits made.
                  that is the reason why only john parris is vat registered cue maker

Comment

Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
                    sob sob - and these days all money is visible so you have to pay.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I am only transiting through Rome back to singapore maximum a night stay I believe before I transit back due to flight schedule. However if the VAT customs consider me as going to Europe and not being able to get the refund. It would be a waste as 20 percent is substantial savings.

Comment

Working...
                      X