Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice: Cheap yet decent hand spliced cue for Snooker/8 Ball Pool (pub tables)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice: Cheap yet decent hand spliced cue for Snooker/8 Ball Pool (pub tables)

Hi All

Asking on behalf of a friend who is looking for something suitable to play snooker once or twice a week with and then 8 ball pool (pub league) once a week. He said ideally he doesn't want something which is painted on, he'd like something where you can actually see the splices and feel that its actually a half decent cue unlike his current one.

He's been looking but seems to keep coming back to the Jian Ying cues (as expected) for about £60 which do seem great value, but i've personally read they aren't the best and many have issues with them. Also correct me if i'm wrong but aren't they painted ? He's also sent me a few other "sets" from eBay which seem to go in auction for about £45 delivered although they look pretty ropey to me.

I realise every cue is different and that even the cheapest cue might suit him more than an expensive one but he wants a change. He's currently playing with a shop bought BCE Shockwave cue (which is in pretty poor shape) and borrowing a friends telescopic push on extension.

Any advice or recommendations on some alternatives or do you think he should perhaps push ahead with a Jian Ying ?

I may have something coming back in Part Ex tonight that suits your friend, It has a Selected Ash shaft picked by myself a few weeks ago but the guy who bought it wants a smaller tip for 8ball pool so I have taken it back in against another Cue with smaller tip size.

Please email me for further info and Pictures: topgazza@aol.com

Kind Regards Gaz.

Comment

Sent you an email Gaz - if you send them back to me i'll pass hem on

All other suggestions, recommendations and sales welcome

Comment

The peradon cannon synergy or magic cues are good in that price range , they are made abroad but are well made with no hiding the splices .

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
          I may have something coming back in Part Ex tonight that suits your friend, It has a Selected Ash shaft picked by myself a few weeks ago but the guy who bought it wants a smaller tip for 8ball pool so I have taken it back in against another Cue with smaller tip size.

Please email me for further info and Pictures: topgazza@aol.com

Kind Regards Gaz.
          @gazza147

I didn't ever receive a response to my email i sent you last night ? Not sure if it went into Spam perhaps

Comment

Sorry mate the Cue sold within few mins but will keep your friend in mind ok.

Gaz.

Originally Posted by sleighton View Post
            @gazza147

I didn't ever receive a response to my email i sent you last night ? Not sure if it went into Spam perhaps

Comment

Working...
            X