Northwest 1 piece cue wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest 1 piece cue wanted

Had my cue altered by a 'cue doctor' and unfortunately has turned it from being a lovely playing cue to what I can only describe now as a Baseball Bat. It was 19oz but is now 22oz and completely butt heavy!! As a consequence now I am struggling to make a 20 break and I'm in bits!!
    My cue was an original Barracuda Kirkham and now it's firewood!!!!
    I'm looking for a nice one piece ash Northwest Cue, does anyone know of one for sale and what price I should be looking to pay?

Can you not just get some weight removed? What was done to it to make it so heavy?

Comment

He took an inch from the tip to take it up to 9.5 mill and added length to the butt, did a great job but didn't take into consideration the balance of the cue!!
      I would have thought that this would have been considered whilst he was altering or am I being a bit naive?
      I've spoken to him and he wants another chunk of money to alter the weight back to its original weight. Feel like I'd be throwing good money after bad so thinking of just moving on!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Pclatham View Post
        He took an inch from the tip to take it up to 9.5 mill and added length to the butt, did a great job but didn't take into consideration the balance of the cue!!
        I would have thought that this would have been considered whilst he was altering or am I being a bit naive?
        I've spoken to him and he wants another chunk of money to alter the weight back to its original weight. Feel like I'd be throwing good money after bad so thinking of just moving on!!!
        Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice............
        The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Exactly.......

Comment

Can't believe tho a 3oz increase just by increasing length by an inch or so

Comment

Neither could I, it was an inch off and 2 added. Whatever he has used must be very dense and heavy. Was tempted to take an inch off with my chopsaw to see if it restored a bit of balance ��

Comment

Getting harder to find, depending on condition and specs, anywhere between £150 - £300. But any that come up on ebay look to pay more, because 9 times out of 10 you'll be bidding against me! Lol
                No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Are you using one now? Was a big fan of kevs work, shame he retired!!

Comment

Yeah, 3/4 though. Just sold a maple 1 piece that was pool specs. Have had quite a few over the years, all cracking players, don't come up as often as they used to though.
                    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

I'll get my hands on one from somewhere....... Here's hoping.........

Comment

I have a 3/4 Kirkham for sale at the moment , if that would be of interest . I too am a huge fan of Kevs and I still keep in touch with him , NW s getting harder to source thats for sure.

Comment

I've got a 3/4 NW cue for sale. Can get you pics and specs if you're interested.
                          #jeSuisByrom

Comment

That would be great, message me the spec and pics please :snooker:

Comment

Think you need more posts for PM's mate, email me pls - stephenryanatgmail.com replace at with @
                              #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Working...
                              X