Dunns or Omin custom cant decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunns or Omin custom cant decide

Living in South Africa it is very difficult to obtain a custom cue, exchange rate is always an issue as well as getting the parcel in good ccondition as our postal service is crap. Anyway I am tossed between a Dunns custom and a Ultimate Omin ?

You can also contact Sanman ,,, he is a cue maker and has cues for sale !! ( As far as I know ). He is a member of this forum . You can send him a Pm !!! Btw,,, he also lives in South Africa !!!! As for O'Min Or Dunns , They are both good . Is hard to tell,, cue is something personal. one that does'nt suit your game, maybe is the right one for me !! Anyway,, goodluk !!

Comment

Thanks for your input, I am aware of Sanman and no offense or insult to him but the work is very much below average, there are a few cue makers here but was after a more superior cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Drew View Post
        Thanks for your input, I am aware of Sanman and no offense or insult to him but the work is very much below average, there are a few cue makers here but was after a more superior cue
        Can you please explain the "below average" comment, what do you think is wrong with them, because from pictures he has shown before they look very good indeed !

Comment

Seeing in the flesh and seeing pics are two very different things. I have stopped making cues for a while due to two reason. A drastic decline in our currency in last two years. Makes souring materials very expensive. Also make end product expensive. Also work commitment means I am on the road a lot. But mate I take exception to below par statement you made. I have lots of cue from some of the best cuemakers around so I know my benchmark and I am happy with what I offer. In any case I assume that having viewed other cuemakers products like arataki and cosmic u assume that I am of a similar standard. Lol

Comment

Hi Drew,

I have played with a Dunn's cue which i recently brought in and i must be honest they are lovely cues. I have had many cues over the last few years and i can confidently say that they are genuinely good cues. however, do not expect the same finish or shaft appearance as a UK cuemaker.

for the money's worth its not a bad cue at all.

Secondly i have seen the pictures of sanmans cues and will see it in the flesh soon, and from the pics, the look lovely. easily on pay with the top cue makers - appearance wise.

other than sanman, we dont have much choice in south africa. and bear in mind that his cues are available and ready to try so you have the opportunity to feel before buying and in my books, thats first choice!

but for what its worth i would highly recommend the dunns cue as well considering their pricing.

Comment

Where can I view your cues Sanman ? At least I rated your cues as far as the other 2 they were not worth a mention

Comment

Where do you play in Jhb fg147 ?

Comment

I am based in durban. You can message me on 0844146033 or 0840775000 if you are in Durban. With all due respect Drew you have rated nothing. Merely passed an opinion based on what u see posted here. To be honest I have not actively tried to market any of these cues at all as I dont have time to as explained in my previous post. So my work is not out there except for a few who have boughtthem.
                  Last edited by sanman; 25 January 2015, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Where do you play in Jhb fg147 ?
                    i play from wanderers snooker club and fordsburg as well.

and you?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      Can you please explain the "below average" comment, what do you think is wrong with them, because from pictures he has shown before they look very good indeed !
                      I notice Drew conveniently didn't explain himself

Comment

believe it or not ,, I have seen some players saying The same story about some of the top UK cue makers ! I respect your opinion !! but the point is, place your order for a custom made cue is always a risk !! Wether the cue suits your game or not , has nothing t do with the cue maker !!!! ! I've seen a couple of Posts of Sanman and seen a few pictures. imo, his work Looks Great !! of course, that says nothing about the playability of the cue !! but I meant it Well, by recommending him !!! If I may give you some advice, go and try a few cues !! As I understand, you can try them before you buy them of Sanman . That is a gift !! ( and if you have a disagreement, you can discuss it with him in person ). ! Buy a cue from UK, consedring where you live will not be cheap. and what if the cue does'nt suit ur game ?? costs a lot of money to send it back !!! anyway !! is gonna be ur decision.... I wish you luck !!
                        Last edited by Ramon; 25 January 2015, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                          believe it or not ,, I have seen some players saying The same story about some of the top UK cue makers ! I respect your opinion !! but the point is, place your order for a custom made cue is always a risk !! Wether the cue suits your game or not , has nothing t do with the cue maker !!!! ! I've seen a couple of Posts of Sanman and seen a few pictures. imo, his work Looks Great !! of course, that says nothing about the playability of the cue !! but I meant it Well, by recommending him !!! If I may give you some advice, go and try a few cues !! As I understand, you can try them before you buy them of Sanman . That is a gift !! ( and if you have a disagreement, you can discuss it with him in person ). ! Buy a cue from UK, consedring where you live will not be cheap. and what if the cue does'nt suit ur game ?? costs a lot of money to send it back !!! anyway !! is gonna be ur decision.... I wish you luck !!
                          +100 couldn't agree more

Comment

sometimes you can find one good cue right from the shelf. it doesn't matter what brands... what's important is that the cue you are holding suits your gameplay.
                            order expensive cue only if u have the interest in investing the craftsmanship from top cuemakers.

Comment

So its done, went with dunns, as I collect cues from all around its the craftsmanship I am after so lets see what Vernon does for me. Will go and see Omins next time I travel there which should be this year still.

And jrc750- there was no reply cos some of us are very busy and have time for only certain things. I squeeze this in as much as I can

Comment

Working...
                              X