No announcement yet.

James Butters cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a nice maple one here with snakewood splice and thick maple veneer 9.7 58 18.3 oz very nice cue it is too

Comment

it would be so unusual for the arrows to be that far out and by the look of the ash as shown it don't look to suffer from such a twisted defect
      Last edited by j6uk; 3 February 2015, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
        it would be so unusual for the arrows to be that far out and by the look of the ash as shown it don't look to suffer from such a twisted defect
        Ok, thanks J6. Just have to put it down as not one of his finest , happens to the best of them.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

you say that but no it doesn't. if your hand planing the splices and your so far out from the center of the cue you'd ether try and get it back or your'd put it to one side and draw another shaft. to carry on planing would be careless, under influence and not really knowing what your doing or the implications, possibly all three

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Ok, thanks J6. Just have to put it down as not one of his finest , happens to the best of them.

Comment

To me I think it's hard to tell how far that is out, unless there is a pic of the point on the first arrow and the splice so you can judge what he's lined up to(I'm guessing that's how you line up splices) I would prefer to hold back judgement, unless that's not how you line up the splices.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

well for some reason we only have a few pics. my eye tells me its out judging by the character of the ash and the front splice being 5mm over to the left
              whatever, theres ether an unusual defect in the wood and look of the cue or the craftsmanship

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              To me I think it's hard to tell how far that is out, unless there is a pic of the point on the first arrow and the splice so you can judge what he's lined up to(I'm guessing that's how you line up splices) I would prefer to hold back judgement, unless that's not how you line up the splices.

Comment

I'm no expert, but James has made and sold lots of cues and they seem to get very positive feedback. There was obviously a lot of work put into this cue going by the amount of splices. I believe snakewood is pretty expensive, and he has badged this cue so I find it hard to believe he would make such an error as not line up the front splice to the chevrons properly. It would be interesting to see further pictures of the cue, wonder if anyone on here bought it?

Comment

did it sell? i thought it was removed this morning

Comment

Would have assumed so, James has a habit of ending items before the auction has finished.

Comment

Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
                      Would have assumed so, James has a habit of ending items before the auction has finished.
                      iv only used ebay a twice, but that doesn't sound fair to the watchers and bidders. is it allowed?

Comment

It is allowed although it very annoying for the people who are bidding on the cue, most people think James sells his cues too cheaply by ending the auctions early and his cues would have reached better prices if he had let the auctions run till the end.

Comment

very odd, why would someone do that, don't seem fair. are we sure this is butters cus i think it sounds like a doggy eastern imitation setup
                          Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
                          It is allowed although it very annoying for the people who are bidding on the cue, most people think James sells his cues too cheaply by ending the auctions early and his cues would have reached better prices if he had let the auctions run till the end.

Comment

the slices don't look centered with the ash, and thats unusual for james
                            after another look it looks 5mm out, maybe a fake
                            i can't really see that but, to not splice the center of the ash is like being plastered before you board the slow boat
                            this cue wouldn't get past the first stage even for a hobbyist, so it seems a bit fake like
                            i don't know him so i wouldn't know
                            you say that but no it doesn't. if your hand planing the splices and your so far out from the center of the cue you'd ether try and get it back or your'd put it to one side and draw another shaft. to carry on planing would be careless, under influence and not really knowing what your doing or the implications, possibly all three
                            well for some reason we only have a few pics. my eye tells me its out judging by the character of the ash and the front splice being 5mm over to the left
                            whatever, theres ether an unusual defect in the wood and look of the cue or the craftsmanship
                            iv only used ebay a twice, but that doesn't sound fair to the watchers and bidders. is it allowed?
                            Mmm 27 posts in this thread, and 9 from you are critical of the cue maker, or expressing that you don't know. .

You sure your not trying to drive the prices back down, to get some bargains ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

very odd, why would someone do that, don't seem fair. are we sure this is butters cus i think it sounds like a doggy eastern imitation setup
                              Oops, missed that one. . Tell you what, Andy Gibbs is meeting James soon,

I'll ask him to make sure James is who he says he is, and that his ebay account is still the same as the seller ( joolsbrorunner ).

Comment

so its evident you've followed me conversing with others on this thread, good job. what don't i know and what do you agree or disagree with?

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                                Mmm 27 posts in this thread, and 9 from you are critical of the cue maker, or expressing that you don't know. .

You sure your not trying to drive the prices back down, to get some bargains ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X