No announcement yet.

James Butters cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well said Dan, that sounds like the man of his word that I've experienced before. .

Comment

Shocker that no fake copies and no family members selling for him.

Comment

Originally Posted by dan226 View Post
        Hi gentlemen, I am the one who bought this cue. I think I can explain the story, I was offering him last night before he went sleeping and the bidding price remained at around £165 something, he accepted my offer and went to bed and allowed me to pay within 2 hrs in which I suggested. During the time the price went up to £295 before I paid and he didn't notice as he's still on his bed. There I got a bargain, that's all I can tell and please don't ask how much I offered him

Original Source:*James Butters cues - Reply to Topic*http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ixzz3Qh9a322u*
        - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk*
        Follow us:*@TheSnookerForum on Twitter*|*TheSnookerForum on Facebook
        Well done always best to send a message to the seller when interested in a particular cue, it's more then likely most of them have in. I don't what they want and normally happen to accept around that price

Comment

£295 and climbing, steep that, even for a badged one.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by dan226 View Post
            Hi gentlemen, I am the one who bought this cue. I think I can explain the story, I was offering him last night before he went sleeping and the bidding price remained at around £165 something, he accepted my offer and went to bed and allowed me to pay within 2 hrs in which I suggested. During the time the price went up to £295 before I paid and he didn't notice as he's still on his bed. There I got a bargain, that's all I can tell and please don't ask how much I offered him
            Congratulations, I have only contacted him a few times but he has always replied quickly and straight to the point, one things for certain nobody could call him greedy as he looks for very fair prices for his cues and doesn't seem to be making the cues for financial gain but because he enjoys it. Would be interesting to see a picture of the full cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
              Shocker that no fake copies and no family members selling for him.
              A very decent bloke by the sounds of it, could easily try make a quick buck.
              kudos to him and like i said from what i have seen of them he could easily charge more
              I think the prices will start to go up as his name is coming up more and more now.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                depends what you call steep, compared with other cuemakers prices and the good rep butters have I would say that's a pretty decent price wether he makes cues in his spare time or not.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                  depends what you call steep, compared with other cuemakers prices and the good rep butters have I would say that's a pretty decent price wether he makes cues in his spare time or not.
                  Yep that's a fair point Leo, I'm comparing it against other cues of his, but if they were all sold under priced, it's not a fair comparison. I take that back.

Comment

As far as I know his cues are very good but I think one reason his cues are not talked about as highly as other makers is that I don't think he takes individual orders to customers specs, nor will he modify his finished cues, he just sells them as they are made. So unlike many cue makers you cant go to him to have a cue made exactly the way you want it with the woods and sizes you prefer. I could be wrong here bigandyg would know if this is correct.

Comment

That's it spot on rdsalt he makes for fun and does not want the hassle of cues made to specs.

Comment

Andy would he not do something simple like a bigger ferrule?

Comment

Doubt it but if you fancy something he has get him to send it to me and I could shorten it and fit bigger ferrule for very little, I often do that and refinish his cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            Seems like a strange comment, considering sale has already been stopped and we know who bought it ??

Comment

You have to admire him, he's a man of mystery and does what he likes, his best work really is good and i think he just prices each cue as he sees it depending on how each one turns out and fair play to him for that, all bargains though i'd say, for those not looking for absolute perfection.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                Seems like a strange comment, considering sale has already been stopped and we know who bought it ??
                                Is it common for these cues to hit around the three hundred pound Mark with still a long time to go on the auction?

Comment

Working...
                                X