James Butters cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    well for some reason we only have a few pics. my eye tells me its out judging by the character of the ash and the front splice being 5mm over to the left
    whatever, theres ether an unusual defect in the wood and look of the cue or the craftsmanship
    Fair points J, you will know wood better than me, I'm just asking my usual questions to try and learn something.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

James will love this possible fake story, especially being a retired policeman.

Comment

i Happened on a Butter badged cue a few days ago and at the top of the ebony splices the arrows were off to the right and nearer the tip they were bang in line.

His cue's are very good having seen a few, the only bad point i would say is the finishing could be slightly better but thats clutching at straw....what do people want for 150 quid? blood.

Anybody would and should be over the moon with what he produces and knocks out at a fraction of the price, i had a knock with it the other day and it felt lovely in amongst the balls, infact I'm tempted to buy one.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
            I thought this was when you had finally "made it" as a cue maker, when your good enough to get your name ripped off.

Comment

so its evident you've followed me conversing with others on this thread, good job. what don't i know and what do you agree or disagree with?
              You don't know if it's butters himself that's selling the cue ( see below )

i don't know him so i wouldn't know

I don't agree or disagree with any of it. Not being experienced in making cues, I can't then agree or disagree if your comments are accurate or not.

There did seem to be a lot of comments critequing the cue in question, with no positive comments, hence I asked ( tounge in cheek as indicated by the winking smiley ) if

you were trying to drive the prices down, to get some bargains. . .

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                You don't know if it's butters himself that's selling the cue ( see below )

I don't agree or disagree with any of it. Not being experienced in making cues, I can't then agree or disagree if your comments are accurate or not.

There did seem to be a lot of comments critequing the cue in question, with no positive comments, hence I asked ( tounge in cheek as indicated by the winking smiley ) if

you were trying to drive the prices down, to get some bargains. . .
                i was being critical of one thing

Comment

i was being critical of one thing
                  and I was being tounge in cheek. Critical of nothing.

Comment

okay man, well as long as your enjoying yourself
                    Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                    and I was being tounge in cheek. Critical of nothing.

Comment

My guess is he's probably seen this thread this morning and decided to take it off. It was £295 then suddenly went to £188 then it went.

Comment

James Butters cues

When I asked the eBay member I was told it's not james
                        Last edited by aucott80; 3 February 2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                          My guess is he's probably seen this thread this morning and decided to take it off. It was £295 then suddenly went to £188 then it went.
                          He has never even seen this site.

Comment

Originally Posted by aucott80 View Post
                            When I asked the eBay member I was told it's not james

Probably because he's not the one who's ebay he is selling them from, maybe a family member.

Comment

Hi gentlemen, I am the one who bought this cue. I think I can explain the story, I was offering him last night before he went sleeping and the bidding price remained at around £165 something, he accepted my offer and went to bed and allowed me to pay within 2 hrs in which I suggested. During the time the price went up to £295 before I paid and he didn't notice as he's still on his bed. There I got a bargain, that's all I can tell and please don't ask how much I offered him

Original Source:*James Butters cues - Reply to Topic*http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ixzz3Qh9a322u*
                              - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk*
                              Follow us:*@TheSnookerForum on Twitter*|*TheSnookerForum on Facebook

Comment

Btw, he's so gentle letting me have the cue even the bidding price went up much more than I offered him.

Comment

Working...
                                X