Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen Hendry's John Parris Ultimate cue on sale!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You welcome

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
      You welcome
      Maybe you should tell the seller that ;-)

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        Maybe you should tell the seller that ;-)
        No - up to them really to mention it really! - I would not like any of you cue collectors and buyers on here to be miss-led though.

Comment

Byrom you are almost right!! When Stephen Hendys original cue was broken John Parris made him three maple 3/4 join Ultimates. One was made to look like his original Conny cue and the other two Hadrian black butts. Stephen tried all three and chose one of the black butted cues as his playing cue and returned the other two to John Parris. It took me SIX months of gentle persuasion but John finally agreed to sell me the Conny replica ultimate which I used for a few weeks........I even reached the 1/4 final of a pro am with it.....but then I sold it to my mate, the cue collector in Bolton who still has it along with a certificate which John kindly gave me with the cue.
          I still have the identical Cheddar Classics black leather case that Cheddar made me a few weeks after making Stephens.

So, as far as I know, Stephen Hendry still owns the 3/4 join plain black ultimate that he used after his original cue was smashed.

Oldgit

100 per cent positive - I asked him - Stephen. He confirmed it was never his cue - he used a real Accurate not a Parris copy - but did once use a Parris in the Scottish Masters he won I believe - Although there might be one or two others out there - the only Parris cue I am aware of Hendry once owned for definite in the market place is a plain black ebony and maple Ultimate - not sure of the number - but it is now owned by some cue collector in Bolton who also owns his old case too - I know this and I asked my friend if he could buy it off him for me but the guy would rather give his kidney away rather than part with it apparently.

Don't blame him
          'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Well I can say I know there where about three or four made for him - one you have and the other was this cue collector who has one of the other ebony ones for sure as I was at an exhibition with Stephen and the guy came up to him and got him to sign the cue case he probably bought off you - and he showed him - Stephen and me this old maple Parris Ultimate cue - a 3 quarter which Stephen confirmed was his old cue - I asked him Stephen why he got rid of it and he said it was a bit thick and he could not get on with it and I think he said he got a few made - my memory is hazy on the rest but I think I recall he did say he had one made in the conny style and two black 3 quarters, one of which he won the Scottish Masters with.

Can't quite remember the number it was red glue around 1060 I think might be wrong on that though as he had a few bits and bats and cues and things and it was a long time ago now - The numbers of these cues will be the same as yours no doubt I don't know the guy but my friend does - he is called Alan I think and is a very nice guy apparently and has lots of nice cues - hundreds and a couple I would not mind owning for sure no doubt.

I am sure this one for sale here mentioned on this thread is not one Stephen ever owned though because I asked him. As far as I am sure - certain - there are only these cues mentioned here that where Stephen's Parris cues- are you selling Oldgit?

Sorry for asking a rhetorical question .
            Last edited by Byrom; 4 February 2015, 05:59 PM.

Comment

This place never ceases to amaze me, great posts Byrom and Oldgit.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Rifle View Post
                What's special about an Acuerate cue, what tech, for JP to want to copy it for Hendry. Ok, so it would have an ultimate shaft, I get that, but what else is special about this cue that Acuerate do, the 147 at the Welsh Open aside please?
                They are designed to have minimum throw because of the way they are made - tip size taper and balance the cue taper thins out before tip and stuff. Very thin usually too 9.2 mil or less. 8.9 mil for example in a few of them I tried -
                Last edited by Byrom; 4 February 2015, 05:47 PM.

Comment

I had a look on their web site Byrom, the ultra low deflection cue has an 8.75 mm tip! I just couldn't play with that. That's for snooker(just adding that as they make pool cues as well)
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

my mates work had some fancy t.v in it a while ago and it was not yet a production model, forget what brand it was but it was about 50" picture was stunning, the price of it on their system was £100000. it obviously wasn't worth that, it just had that tag so nobody would ever buy it, was later sent back to the supplier when they were finished with it. my work also did the same with a bicycle, we had a loan of a bike from and the retail was about £17000, the price on our system was double that though. maybe they have no intention of selling it...
                    just a thought.
                    :snooker:

Comment

Reminds me of that kid that got handed ronnies cue an case, he had it on ebay for a couple of million or something like that. Think he ended selling it for £2000 or around that kind of range, slightly less than asking price

Comment

That kind of price tag.

Siao!

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                          Reminds me of that kid that got handed ronnies cue an case, he had it on ebay for a couple of million or something like that. Think he ended selling it for £2000 or around that kind of range, slightly less than asking price
                          It was me who bought it, cost me more than £2K mate but you are right!!
                          'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
                            It was me who bought it, cost me more than £2K mate but you are right!!
                            well you own one of Ronnie's cues one of Hendry's - nice collection you must have - now please tell me you play with them and are a ton man - would hate to think they are sitting in a cabinet collecting dust

Comment

well you own one of Ronnie's cues one of Hendry's - nice collection you must have - now please tell me you play with them and are a ton man - would hate to think they are sitting in a cabinet collecting dust
                              I would hazard a guess there's more Parris Ultimates, Trevor whites etc sitting in cases doing nothing then there is at the tables.

Comment

No Byrom, you misunderstood me........I actually bought the Stephen Hendry cue for Alan in Bolton, I knew that he was desperate for the cue so after I had played with it for a few weeks I drove to his house and handed it over to him for exactly the price that I had paid John Parris. I did the same with Ronnies cue, I bought it for my friend in Singapore and again after enjoying the cue for a few weeks I sent it directly to Singapore, it was actually delivered by my neighbour who was working in Singapore at the time. Again I sold it for the exact price that I paid for it........I am just addicted to trying out nice cues. I always play with the cues, can't see the point of owning them without using them. I have also bought cues from quite a few top 32 pros. At the moment I am playing better snooker than I have for years with an old cue that cost me £70!!
                                'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Working...
                                X