Help With Ferrule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Ferrule

Evening all, I recently purchased a used cue on eBay and after receiving it, I noticed what I thought to be glue around the ferrule. I was wondering what the best way to remove it would be as it looks to be inbedded somewhat.

I've included a photo and thought best to get some advice before hacking at it. I tried a very fine sandpaper just to judge how bad it is and it didn't seem to have much effect. Would it be best to use a higher grit abrasive or possibly look into using a solvent of some sort? Cheers
    Attached Files
    Must of been a kick

A little fine wet and dry then finish off with some wire wool

Comment

Doesn't look like glue to me, more like rust/corrosion. I would use wire wool on it (not sandpaper) might clean up a bit, but if not only £10 for a new ferrule and tip added

Comment

I recently cleaned up a friend's old cue and had something very similar where the glue has been wiped around the ferrule. Or I thought it was glue
        It came off with some very fine wire wool and polished off with some Brasso wading.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by karlos fandango View Post
          A little fine wet and dry then finish off with some wire wool
          I'd second that, but use w & d north of 2000 so not to scratch the ferrule

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, I've got some lying around somewhere so will give that a try
            Must of been a kick

Comment

Hi Rifle I thought about acetone, would it be safe to use without damaging/eroding the ferrule?
              Must of been a kick

Comment

only use 000 wire wool from workshop and set it on the cue and rotate the cue! after you do that its as clean and shiny as new! regards

Comment

Working...
                X