car boot cue info please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car boot cue info please

A mate baught this cue from a carboot sale (i think)

Can anyone offer any info on age or history of these cues

thanks

well, Joe Davis made the 147 break in January 1955 so the cue would not be made before then
    From what I can find, this cue series was made by Peradon, there are also red inked versions.
    Knutton would be a retailer,
    Last edited by DeanH; 11 February 2015, 06:33 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks Dean

Comment

might sell better than an average 147 cue that one.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Interesting find this - and especially from a car boot! Just like Joe Davis, I'm from Chesterfield and there's a fair few of these cues around, I saw one years ago with 138 as the highest break - from memory (could be wrong..) this was from 1938 or so.. Some local snooker folk, a lot older than myself (I hasten to add!) tell me Joe used to play people for money and in exhibitions, often giving them a large points start. If the opponent beat him, they would win one of these cues.

He played at a Club on Vicar Lane. When I was a lad, in the 70's, I believe this club had gone, and was either part of the old bus station, or offices. This has all now been re-develpoed into a pedestrian and shopping area.

Good old cues these, with real history to them. Tell your mate never to alter it or add joints etc.. as this will destroy not only it's value, but it's heritage also.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            might sell better than an average 147 cue that one.
            Why would that be ADR ?

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerpoolman View Post
              Interesting find this - and especially from a car boot! Just like Joe Davis, I'm from Chesterfield and there's a fair few of these cues around, I saw one years ago with 138 as the highest break - from memory (could be wrong..) this was from 1938 or so.. Some local snooker folk, a lot older than myself (I hasten to add!) tell me Joe used to play people for money and in exhibitions, often giving them a large points start. If the opponent beat him, they would win one of these cues.

He played at a Club on Vicar Lane. When I was a lad, in the 70's, I believe this club had gone, and was either part of the old bus station, or offices. This has all now been re-develpoed into a pedestrian and shopping area.

Good old cues these, with real history to them. Tell your mate never to alter it or add joints etc.. as this will destroy not only it's value, but it's heritage also.
              Good info , thanks for that

Comment

Maybe the double badge ?

Comment

Working...
                X