Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fair price for mike wooldridge 2007 black shark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fair price for mike wooldridge 2007 black shark?

Hi,

I have come across a MW 2007 black shark available for sale. I read in the old threads it was 160 pounds new. I wonder what's a fair price for this now.

Also, whats the difference between the black shark and the black legend?

I am really a newbie in this area..

Pretty sure that the shark was a butterfly spliced cue, just 2 splices, and the legend was just a normal 4 splice plain ebony. As for price, still worth £160 - £180 depending on condition and specs.
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

MW Black Shark was a butterfly spliced cue , brilliant value at the time . I sold one with both extensions , mini and tele ,plus a black Cue Craft 3/4 case for £225 about 3 years ago . The cue was good value because the mini butt fitted both the shaft ( making a 51 " cue , for pub tables ) and the main 3/4 butt . I agree with culraven at £160 + , but with ext and case £200 + is fair as they are sought after.

Comment

Thanks both.

The huge price difference with the legend seems to suggest there may be more than just 2 more splices.

Then maybe thats the reason the shark is really a good deal. But the asking price for the shark that is available is about 300 pounds...seems abit overpriced based on your fair value estimates.

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
          MW Black Shark was a butterfly spliced cue , brilliant value at the time . I sold one with both extensions , mini and tele ,plus a black Cue Craft 3/4 case for £225 about 3 years ago . The cue was good value because the mini butt fitted both the shaft ( making a 51 " cue , for pub tables ) and the main 3/4 butt . I agree with culraven at £160 + , but with ext and case £200 + is fair as they are sought after.
          Same cue and package sold for >300 when he sold it on!
          He game up playing because we fudged him to death to win the league pairs title
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Cruel perpetual , very cruel , but if you cant stand the heat . E - bay 21st Jan 2015 a MW Black Shark had a " buy it now " at £210 . This was a one piece , in Maple , arguably a desirable cue . A cue is worth what someone is prepared to pay and as the Shark series are no longer available because Mike is concentrating on " custom " , perhaps you could play the long game . One thing I know is that if you can source a MW of any description , at the right price , you will not lose money in the long run , his reputation speaks for itself and resale is similar to a Parris in that its rare to lose money.

Comment

I personally think your estimates are far to low , Mike charged £200 plus for the sharks before they became discontinued add to that the black spin system and I feel they will fetch £250-£300 no problem.

Comment

The poster did not mention " black spin " , in fact unless it was retro fitted the original Sharks were not fitted with the black spin ferrule system , also the joints were not F1 back in 2007 . I said a cue is worth what someone wants to pay and if that someone " has to have a MW " they may pay over the odds , thats entirely up to them . My advice was based on personal experience and current e-bay prices , I have no desire other than to help an admitted " newbie " . I think £250 for the cue only would be stretching it.

Comment

Thanks both for the info, and both may be right. The 2007 plain black shark cue that is available has the brass joint and ferrule. And it is only the cue.

Comment

Working...
                  X