Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue wanted for team player - Maple preferred

Posting on behalf of a team member.

Maple preferred but he'll consider ash. He doesn't have any specific requirement other than the tip needs to be 9.5 -10mm. This is mainly due to him playing soft shots all the time. He never ever plays powerful shots, he just plays plain ball stroke shots. So maybe a medium/stiff or stiff would suit him.

He's a couple of inches shorter than me, but he holds the cue at the end. So I would imagine a cue of 58 inches minimum would suit him.

His budget is quite modest. Up to £300. I'll try advise him on price for specific cue! He has seen all sorts of makes within our team so he's open minded. However he does like the phoenix and gbl style cue. He tried the Maximus ultimate last week, but think they maybe out of his price range.

He will not buy from ebay, due to him being scared of on line buying, hence me doing this for him. He can pay by cash on collection, cheque or bank transfer only. He does not do paypal.

Think he's having a trip to craftsman at the weekend if no joy on here. But he's promised me a pint(s) if I find him something.

Any details to me on here by PM or you can phone me tonight and speak to him direct. As i'm at the club with him.

If I've put this post in the wrong section, let me know and i'll move it.

Thankyou

Michael
    Always a pleasure

Andy travis makes great cues might be worth asking him he can make them to his spec as well he's on the forum

Comment

Got some really nice ones just now.
      MAC CUES.
      Email me richy1471@hotmail.com
      "Don't think, feel"

Comment

One of my mates is selling a stunning maximus on eBay at the mo. Be worthwhile giving him a call if it's something he might like. Comes complete with extensions and case, he even had Robert Osborne give it a full service
        Think it's on at just over £300 but he'd be willing to negotiate!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Pclatham View Post
          One of my mates is selling a stunning maximus on eBay at the mo. Be worthwhile giving him a call if it's something he might like. Comes complete with extensions and case, he even had Robert Osborne give it a full service
          Think it's on at just over £300 but he'd be willing to negotiate!!!
          I've just sent him the link to view. Cheers
          Always a pleasure

Comment

Let me know if he's interested and I'll PM you his number!

Comment

In that price range Andy Travis is the go IMO.

His Cues are awesome value for money and get in touch with him and see what he has available as it never hurts to ask.

Happy Cue hunting though. :snooker:
              If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Originally Posted by Rifle View Post
                Maybe he could have my Joe Davis 147 maple/ebony cue, only 16.5oz at the moment though. 58", nice balance, fully restored, the best one I've seen. Gorgeous shaft finish.
                asked him about it. he wants a more modern cue. thanks anyway
                Always a pleasure

Comment

hi michael got a couple if he dont get one.

Comment

Thanks for all input fellas.
                    Always a pleasure

Comment

i have a couple of tyrones a gbl and maybe a few others to suit
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        i have a couple of tyrones a gbl and maybe a few others to suit
                        I think he's settling for GBL. his max budget delivered is £300. With extension if possible
                        Always a pleasure

Comment

I have a GBL c1 that i want to sell. Its practically brand new, i bought it just to try a more forward balanced cue but i have decided to stick with my Tony Glover.
                          Its still in mint condition, played only about ten frames with it. Changed the tip to an elk master because i din't like the Pro Granite on there.
                          Specs are- 58" length, 9.5mm tip, 17.75oz weight, 29mm butt, 17.5" BP. Lovely cue with a very nice finish.
                          I'm asking for £200 and would prefer it to be collected in person and cash paid, I live in Birmingham.
                          Let me know if your interested

Comment

also its ash and a 1 piece

Comment

Cue now purchased from a very nice man on here. thanks for all the offers. You made me want to purchase too. Especially the GBL c8 i was offered. Gorgeous cue.

Next project is a 3/4 split ash cue with a 9.75-10mm tip 58.25 - 58.75 in length. For my bro in law who has just started the game. He bought a cue off ebay which is terrible and is like an elastic band. He did get a case, two extensions and a cue all for £45 delivered. But my word its awful. He's a big lad otherwise I would tell him it is rubbish........
                              Always a pleasure

Comment

Working...
                              X