Parcel Force 1.5 mtr limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parcel Force 1.5 mtr limit

Who do you use to send a one piece cue in a case. Measures 6cm over Parcel force's 1.5 mtr max length. Their 48hr large is quoting over £40 to post.

Some couriers seem to only accept business users as well. Help!
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
    Who do you use to send a one piece cue in a case. Measures 6cm over Parcel force's 1.5 mtr max length. Their 48hr large is quoting over £40 to post.

Some couriers seem to only accept business users as well. Help!
    I use parcelhero.com

Comment

Thanks John I know you post a few cues, Have you found them pretty reliable?
      "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

I have never had a problem getting cues delivered in the UK the very next day, with a bit of discount i can send a one piece cue for £11.88 which is just under Parcelforce and gets there quicker.
        Had a few problems sending overseas tho, had a spate of them saying my sizes were incorrect and tried to charge me extra, but i stood my ground each time and they backed down

Comment

Do you guys insure cues when posting them for that price or take a chance that there isn't any problems.

Comment

Insurance is too expensive, tape a batten of wood to the plastic tube should be ok

Comment

Pay the insurance! Or the first time they break a £500 cue you'll cry yourself to sleep!
              I'm on 2 destroyed, quite a few damaged.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Old cue collector --
              Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
              (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

If the cue is worth less than the inclusive insurance , £100 on Parcel Force if I remember correctly , then no need for extra insurance , but as perpetual says if you post an expensive cue and dont insure it to the full value you may regret it. I posted a JP Special to London once , fully insured to the value of £475 , all I did was confirm with the buyer whether to do so or not and let them pay the excess , simple really and worth it for the peace of mind .

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                  Pay the insurance! Or the first time they break a £500 cue you'll cry yourself to sleep!
                  Sounds like i'm either lucky or they just hate you
                  Never had a problem (yet)

Comment

Used Parcel Hero and collected today. Looks like they are just a booking agent tho as it was collected by UPS. Also you get a quote off their website then as you enter your info, card details etc it all creeps up. vat and a surcharge for instance. No where would it tell me what the surcharge was for so expect it was a booking fee. Ended up paying over £5 more than the quote so be aware.

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                      I pay £260 a year for total cover cargo insurance on everything I send.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                        Used Parcel Hero and collected today. Looks like they are just a booking agent tho as it was collected by UPS. Also you get a quote off their website then as you enter your info, card details etc it all creeps up. vat and a surcharge for instance. No where would it tell me what the surcharge was for so expect it was a booking fee. Ended up paying over £5 more than the quote so be aware.
                        Well it does say price is plus VAT lol, so not a shock there, and surcharge is only a £1 or so
                        How much did you end up paying ??

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Well it does say price is plus VAT lol, so not a shock there, and surcharge is only a £1 or so
                          How much did you end up paying ??
                          Just over £13 which isn't much more than Parcelforce. Always get the feeling with these types of sites that they're being sneaky and not upfront about the actual costs. By the time you've entered all the info on one page after another you just think oh sod it and pay the bill.

Its when you do a search to try find the best quote its mis-leading as in the end it very rarely is lol.

All done now tho and not to expensive really.

Comment

Working...
                          X