Wanted Tony Glover Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Tony Glover Cue

I have heard nothing but amazing things about Tony Glovers cues. I would love to purchase one in a distant future but how much would one of his cheapest cues go for?
    “Thus so wretched is man that he would weary even without any cause for weariness... and so frivolous is he that, though full of a thousand reasons for weariness, the least thing, such as playing billiards or hitting a ball, is sufficient enough to amuse him.” Mr. Blaise Pascal

If you keep your eyes open, can pick them up from £200 upwards. Have a look on fleabay. Very good cues you wont be disappointed.

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
      If you keep your eyes open, can pick them up from £200 upwards. Have a look on fleabay. Very good cues you wont be disappointed.
      Well if they are that cheap maybe I will get one in the not so distant future . I thought they would be upwards to 500-1000 pounds.
      “Thus so wretched is man that he would weary even without any cause for weariness... and so frivolous is he that, though full of a thousand reasons for weariness, the least thing, such as playing billiards or hitting a ball, is sufficient enough to amuse him.” Mr. Blaise Pascal

Comment

You get what you pay for snookeredyou. Having said that I havent had a bad cue of his yet mate. Goodluck hunting one down!

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookeredYou View Post
          I have heard nothing but amazing things about Tony Glovers cues. I would love to purchase one in a distant future but how much would one of his cheapest cues go for?
          I saw Andrew has a Nice Glover cue ( if I'm not mistaken ). U may wanna take a look at his website !!!! And yeah ,, Tony is a top cue maker !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
            I saw Andrew has a Nice Glover cue ( if I'm not mistaken ). U may wanna take a look at his website !!!! And yeah ,, Tony is a top cue maker !!!
            What is his website? I'd love to check it out!

Comment

What is his website? I'd love to check it out!
              Well,, If u just Google ( ADR 147 cues / eBay ) . U can see all of them . He has many !!!! Or , u can send him a mail : adr147@hotmail.com
              Great guy to deal with !!!! Good luk !!!

Comment

Well,, If u just Google ( ADR 147 cues / eBay ) . U can see all of them . He has many !!!! Or , u can send him a mail : adr147@hotmail.com
                Great guy to deal with !!!! Good luk !!!
                I actually was debating on whether or not to buy one of ADR's cues that he has. I have one in mind I would love to have. Thanks for the information!

Comment

I actually was debating on whether or not to buy one of ADR's cues that he has. I have one in mind I would love to have. Thanks for the information!
                  you're welcome !! Andrew is a Great guy to deal with, you will not regret !! I hope you can find the Holy Grail as soon as possible !!

Comment

you're welcome !! Andrew is a Great guy to deal with, you will not regret !! I hope you can find the Holy Grail as soon as possible !!
                    Me too. My cheap cue I got off ebay just isn't quite up to par with what I want. The ash wood just isn't good quality but I wasn't expecting a MW playing cue for 80 bucks.

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
                      You get what you pay for snookeredyou. Having said that I havent had a bad cue of his yet mate. Goodluck hunting one down!
                      "you get what you pay for" don't agree with that statement whatsoever load of bull, especially when you can't split most of the top cue makers apart in terms of workmanship. for starters if you order a handmade John parris ultimate you are not getting a better cue then if you buy off a Trevor white, or Let's say stamford or tony glover. its just all about not over pricing their product when they don't need to unless stock prices have inflated of course. you stick the top 8 cue makers in a room and let them all make you a cue, no one would know who made what cue and whoever say they could tell is talking right out of their ar*e.
                      It's all about what suits each player, theres way to much of a stigma in terms of what cues cost and what's popular at the moment with all this buying cues Tripe.
                      Last edited by Leo; 21 February 2015, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                        "you get what you pay for" don't agree with that statement whatsoever load of bull, especially when you can't split most of the top cue makers apart in terms of workmanship. for starters if you order a handmade John parris ultimate you are not getting a better cue then if you buy off a Trevor white, or Let's say stamford or tony glover. its just all about not over pricing their product when they don't need to unless stock prices have inflated of course. you stick the top 8 cue makers in a room and let them all make you a cue, no one would know who made what cue and whoever say they could tell is talking right out of their ar*e.
                        It's all about what suits each player, theres way to much of a stigma in terms of what cues cost and what's popular at the moment with all this buying cues Tripe.

I agree, a piece of wood can only be made to the best it can be and a lot of makers including thai and such like can do that to a very high standard.

What it boils down to is cue snobbery.

Comment

Buy vintage, you can get great cues for a fraction of the cost!

Comment

Hi SnookeredYou
                            Sent you a PM re a Glover cue

Comment

Working...
                            X