No announcement yet.

Tony Glover - Weird experience so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no no, i understand what you guys are trying to hence i came to the forum seeking advice rather than trying to pester him. i do have some understanding over the nature of cue making and its time frames. in regards to the change of spec, the matter was addressed in an email regarding my deposit which is acknowledged, but didnt acknowledge the change of spec in the same email.

thank you for your reassurance guys. it helps a tonne. it is my first time having any kind of business venture with tony hence if i am to part with my money, i want to make sure. but this thread clears that so thanks.

Comment

I have used the 'gift' option many times and have never had a problem. Using it means the buyer pays the small fee up front and the seller get the exact amount he asked. I thought it was sort of normal practice now and I have no problems using it as I feel it's fair the seller gets his full price.

If you send it as a payment then the buyer pays the more expensive fee although it's still not too high a fee in my opinion as it costs me $40 to do a wire transfer into a seller's bank account so paypal is a lot cheaper either way and I think it's pretty secure.

The only problem I have had is someone sending me money once used the wrong email address and as it was gmail there was someone out there with that email address and he had to cancel the payment and that takes a little while with Paypal. On another instance the seller was selling for a relative or friend and I sent the money but the relative had sold the cue in the meantime and he had to return or I had to cancel my payment. Doing this costs fees on both ends from Paypal so I was out around 3GBP I think,
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
        I have used the 'gift' option many times and have never had a problem. Using it means the buyer pays the small fee up front and the seller get the exact amount he asked. I thought it was sort of normal practice now and I have no problems using it as I feel it's fair the seller gets his full price.

If you send it as a payment then the buyer pays the more expensive fee although it's still not too high a fee in my opinion as it costs me $40 to do a wire transfer into a seller's bank account so paypal is a lot cheaper either way and I think it's pretty secure.

The only problem I have had is someone sending me money once used the wrong email address and as it was gmail there was someone out there with that email address and he had to cancel the payment and that takes a little while with Paypal. On another instance the seller was selling for a relative or friend and I sent the money but the relative had sold the cue in the meantime and he had to return or I had to cancel my payment. Doing this costs fees on both ends from Paypal so I was out around 3GBP I think,
        Must be because you are overseas then Terry, as if you have paypal linked to your bank account like i do, there are zero fees on both sides if you use gift, and if normal paypal payment is made, no fees for the buyer, but the seller has to pay 3.4% +20p to get his money

Comment

Probably best to send as payment but add the extra bit of fee to cover. That way you're protected by Paypal in case anything happens. I feel better about the transaction and the seller gets all of his money.
          The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Yes JRC is correct if using GIFT option to send within UK its FREE but it does get looked into say if you receive so many Gift Payments a month which Top Cue Makers/Dealers etc do if using there Business Account!....which happend to me

I have also been dealing with Tony Glover for a very very long time and he is 100% Genuine Guy, yes he is one man band and yes he doesnt always answer emails asap but easiest way is give him a ring and he will answer if he can ok.

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
              Yes JRC is correct if using GIFT option to send within UK its FREE but it does get looked into say if you receive so many Gift Payments a month which Top Cue Makers/Dealers etc do if using there Business Account!....which happend to me

I have also been dealing with Tony Glover for a very very long time and he is 100% Genuine Guy, yes he is one man band and yes he doesnt always answer emails asap but easiest way is give him a ring and he will answer if he can ok.

Gaz.
              He makes bloody lovely cues. The finish is second to none. Lovely things to hold and cue.

Comment

I have few words about Tony:

Last year i ordered a cue from him.

I received the cue last month and i must say that i was very disapointed with it..
                Before ordering i readed many reviews here on the snooker forum, all said good things about his work..

But after waiting 7 months and paying that sort of money (565GBP) i whould expect a much better result.

The poor things i found right away:

- the finishing is not good, i can fell the grain of ash wood on my hand badly
                - the ash shaft itself could be better, i saw some of his cues with much nicer ones
                - its lighter than i ordered (about 17oz)
                - the cues is not really straight.. i rolled on a straight table here and i maked a video:
                http://youtu.be/_Jk8lnKoz24

Sorry but that are my fellings about it.

Bad luck? i think yes.. i sent my demands to him and he understood..
                I sent the cue back and got full refund.

I donĀ“t know if i will order from him on future..

Comment

I'm sure others will respond too, but from my point of view ( see in bold below ),

Originally Posted by mazur View Post

I received the cue last month and i must say that i was very disapointed with it..
                  Before ordering i readed many reviews here on the snooker forum, all said good things about his work..

But after waiting 7 months and paying that sort of money (565GBP) i whould expect a much better result.

- the ash shaft itself could be better, i saw some of his cues with much nicer ones
                  ( did you say exactly how you wanted it to look ? Remember he is using a natural product, wood, unless you laminate it, they'll all look diferent )

- the cues is not really straight.. i rolled on a straight table here and i maked a video:

( that is NOT how to check a cue is straight. see next links )

http://www.handmadecues.com/4-Info/50-straightcue.htm

https://www.parriscues.com/cue_care/

Comment

The good point is that after you complained and asked for a refund , that is what you got. If Tonys work does not meet your expectations he is approachable enough to work with and he stands by his product.

Comment

Good point Mick

Comment

Originally Posted by mazur View Post

Is something between u and Tony !! Try to keep it that way !! The way I see it ,, he gave ur money back , did'nt he ?? He is a top cue maker , NOT GOD !! This can happens to everyone ! The main thing is , u got ur money back !!

Comment

I guess none of you realise that Tony's store was broken into and he was attacked!!!

He was in a bad way

Comment

holy s***
                            hope he is ok soon and they catch the b******
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Jeez, when did that happen ?? did anyone get caught for it

Comment

I dont know if he's open again...

I dont think they got caught... middle of nowhere and A444 a minute away...

They got away with loads and kicked the **** out of him...

Tony is a bit of an oddball but he is as honest as the sea is wet...
                                He rights every wrong and never gives any attitude...

Bad times indeed.
                                Last edited by pottr; 10 March 2015, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X