Tony Glover - Weird experience so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Glover - Weird experience so far?

Hope the b**tards get spotted when they try to sell what they took from him.

Comment

My gosh that's awful!! I hope the police catch the b's, why on earth would anybody want to hurt an honest guy. It really is horrific, I hope he is ok and can some how manage to over come this awful attack. Keep strong Tony!

Comment

Saw Tony last Tuesday , bruised arm , bruised cheek , black eye ( fading ) . I am hopefully visiting this Tuesday to pick a cue up . He said he was ok , but I know he was shaken up and its not the first time its happened . Last week a sign on the door said " please ring bell . or phone 01283 etc " , he knew I was coming so the door wasnt locked , but it wouldnt surprise me if he locked it in future. I will pass on your fondest regards and concerns.

Comment

Like ADR147 and a few others I've known Tony for a very long time, and he will accept a return on any cue that he's custom made, if for any reason you're not happy. Also, it's standard practice to accept deposits and payments via methods that don't involve fees. I mean who wants to pay all those transaction fees to such big corporations?

I haven't seen him in a while and due to visit him next week. If he's been attacked and robbed then that is very disturbing, but fortunately there are some CCTV cameras there. So if the culprits walked in and out without being masked, then the police will probably know who they are and watching their movements by now.

EZ
          " It's impossible to put a price on happiness "...:-) EZ

Comment

Originally Posted by mazur View Post
            I have few words about Tony:

Last year i ordered a cue from him.

I received the cue last month and i must say that i was very disapointed with it..
            Before ordering i readed many reviews here on the snooker forum, all said good things about his work..

But after waiting 7 months and paying that sort of money (565GBP) i whould expect a much better result.

The poor things i found right away:

- the finishing is not good, i can fell the grain of ash wood on my hand badly
            - the ash shaft itself could be better, i saw some of his cues with much nicer ones
            - its lighter than i ordered (about 17oz)
            - the cues is not really straight.. i rolled on a straight table here and i maked a video:
            http://youtu.be/_Jk8lnKoz24

Sorry but that are my fellings about it.

Bad luck? i think yes.. i sent my demands to him and he understood..
            I sent the cue back and got full refund.

I don´t know if i will order from him on future..
            you rolled it on a table.... these people get thrown out of my office and asked not to come back......
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
              I guess none of you realise that Tony's store was broken into and he was attacked!!!

He was in a bad way
              this is news to me - not spoken to him for a few months - i will call him tomorrow - how dreadful.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

to be fare that does look like its move quite a bit, but in many cases in the right hands it can be manipulated back

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                  to be fare that does look like its move quite a bit, but in many cases in the right hands it can be manipulated back
                  Are you talking about the tip movement when the cue was rolled on the table ?

If yes, then it might not need manipulated at all, as it's not how to check if a cue is straight

( look along it rifle style, as just mentioned by ADR, and Mike Wooldridge, and John Parris , etc etc . . )

If no, then I'll just throw it out there as general advice .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

No I didnt know this either! i will call tony later as i have also been dealing with tony for a very long time and as mentioned already he is a lovely guy who will help anybody and has helped me many of times.

Gaz.

I guess none of you realise that Tony's store was broken into and he was attacked!!!

He was in a bad way

Comment

Go down and sort them out Gazza .

Went there years ago and bought a cue out of the rack when i was working in Derby .

Nice man and his Dad sure could make a snooker case .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

That wouldnt be a problem if i get the call!

Gaz.

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                        Go down and sort them out Gazza .

Comment

I dont know if he's open again...

I dont think they got caught... middle of nowhere and A444 a minute away...

They got away with loads and kicked the **** out of him...

Tony is a bit of an oddball but he is as honest as the sea is wet...
                          He rights every wrong and never gives any attitude...

Bad times indeed.
                          Are you sure this is right ? it was no doubt a very bad experience but i understand from Tony they didn't attack him he fell over when he chased them out the shop, and they didn't get away with much, this was a week or so ago unless its happened again since ?

Comment

Scumbags,

They'll probably be stupid enough to put them on ebay as well.

Comment

That's a real shame. Wish him a speedy recovery.
                              "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

It would be good if folk on TSF do a Glover cuewatch on ebay/amazon etc, we don't want anyone buying cues that could be impounded and losing their money, and we don't want folk to profit from crime either. Cuewatch!
                                Last edited by Master Blaster; 10 March 2015, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X