X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would put anyone selling a glover cue under suspicion

Comment

Tony Glover - Weird experience so far?

Well, with everyone watching out now for any stuff going on fleabay or even on here, they may find it hard to offload what they got away with.

Comment

Originally Posted by itx View Post
        Well, with everyone watching out now for any stuff going on fleabay or even on here, they may find it hard to offload what they got away with.
        I hope all TSF members who may be tempted by a Glover on ebay etc will ask to see an original receipt from Tony. The last thing I would want in my house at any price is a cue stained with blood.

Comment

I have been told the design of the one cue they got away with, luckily it's not the same as the one i'm about to sell !

Comment

Tony's quite a private person so though he'll appreciate all the concern i'm sure he'd rather put it behind him and move on i did ask him if he wanted all the details putting up and he said no, and you have to respect peoples wishes as we all deal with thing's in different way's.
            He does have other cues on display as well as his own including Peradon so might take a while to be sure exactly what's missing.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
              I hope all TSF members who may be tempted by a Glover on ebay etc will ask to see an original receipt from Tony. The last thing I would want in my house at any price is a cue stained with blood.
              You do not get receipts when buying cues

Comment

agreed, i didn't get one from MW.
                James lovell

Comment

I might be wrong but I thought any business that doesn't give receipts is classed as a criminal offence.

Comment

Only if one is requested at the point of sale is it an offense to refuse one.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      You do not get receipts when buying cues
                      You always get a receipt from Parris Cues, thought it was commonplace

Comment

Quite agree Ant , I was privy to what happened early last week and didnt post for that one reason . Went to his workshop yesterday , door locked , sign says " ring bell or phone etc " , spoke to him and he says he doesnt like keeping the door locked , but . I must say I cant blame him , he is well enough in himself anyway and he wont let it stop him working. I did tell him of the concern expressed on this forum and he was genuinely surprised but thankful for the support .

Comment

With regard to receipts, It will be all to do with how much £££ these cue makers make & what bookkeeping they have to do (i guess).... 'You must register for VAT if: your VAT taxable turnover is more than £81,000 (the 'threshold') in a 12 month period.' i guess Parris does... not sure about the others.
                          James lovell

Comment

Originally Posted by jlowap View Post
                            With regard to receipts, It will be all to do with how much £££ these cue makers make & what bookkeeping they have to do (i guess).... 'You must register for VAT if: your VAT taxable turnover is more than £81,000 (the 'threshold') in a 12 month period.' i guess Parris does... not sure about the others.
                            How would this work in regards to statutory rights laws if the seller doesn't have this turnover?

Comment

Funny one that Leo, you make call from a BT phone box do you get a receipt, if you sell something on ebay are you obliged to give one.automated toll booth's ect

Comment

Tony Glover - Weird experience so far?

I didn't get a receipt with my JPU

Comment

Working...
                                X