Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerglide Con

always fancied a Powerglide Conny and saw this on ebay -- link

what sort of price would be a fair price?

aren't there a few different conny's too? if so is this an ok one?

update: title shoulve been powerglide connoisseur not 'con' lol
    Last edited by bolton-cueman; 29 March 2015, 07:43 PM. Reason: title error
    #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Looks reasonable to be fair. Probably dates from the early 1980s & would originally have cost about £40 I think.Didn't Stephen Hendry play with one much of his pro career?
    :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

This is ash. Hendry's was maple. Different kettle of fish. Same splices though.

Comment

cheap just now. i have a maple one identical to hendrys but it is 20 oz!
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

People buy them because of Hendry. What they get is a cue made of air dried timber which is a huge bonus but will they even play with it? If no, quite sad.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            cheap just now. i have a maple one identical to hendrys but it is 20 oz!
            Must have had weight added to it, most originals are only around 17oz. I bloody love connoisseur cues

Comment

Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
              Looks reasonable to be fair. Probably dates from the early 1980s & would originally have cost about £40 I think.Didn't Stephen Hendry play with one much of his pro career?
              That version was from the early 90's i believe, and they cost alot more than £40

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                That version was from the early 90's i believe, and they cost alot more than £40
                hi, that was my first cue ,when i started playing in the mid seventys ash,red badge cost new 25 quid .

Comment

Originally Posted by Thinslice View Post
                  hi, that was my first cue ,when i started playing in the mid seventys ash,red badge cost new 25 quid .
                  The cue in the op is a 2nd edition Connoisseur, which were from the late 80s early 90s. The red badge 1st editions which is what Hendry's cue was possibly did cost £25 new, but £25 in the mid 70s was a lot of money back then. Hendry's dad supposedly paid £45 for his when Stephen was 13-14 years of age 2nd hand.

Comment

The cue in the op is a 2nd edition Connoisseur, which were from the late 80s early 90s. The red badge 1st editions which is what Hendry's cue was possibly did cost £25 new, but £25 in the mid 70s was a lot of money back then. Hendry's dad supposedly paid £45 for his when Stephen was 13-14 years of age 2nd hand.
                    £40 he told me. sorry back to holiday!
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      £40 he told me. sorry back to holiday!
                      £40 then but that was 2nd hand and was alot of money back then. Apparently he picked it out of the display cabinet because it was the prettiest lol

Comment

£40 then but that was 2nd hand and was alot of money back then. Apparently he picked it out of the display cabinet because it was the prettiest lol
                        About 300 / 350 pounds , today's money ( if I'm Not mistaken ) !!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Ramon;833529]About 300 / 350 pounds , today's money ( if I'm Not mistaken ) !!!![/QUOTE.

Correct Boss. Back in the mid-late 80s, Connies were being sold for just under £100 new at the factory.

Comment

ive got a old catalogue the price of the Connies was £78 in the catalogue ive got

Comment

Working...
                            X