parris or wooldridge cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
    Would love to give a Wooly a bash. I just don't want that blackspin ferrule and I doubt he would take kindly to me requesting not having one.

I wonder how much business he doesn't get from like minded people? A chance for a top quality cue to your specs in a few weeks.
    Ask Foss on here. He's owned ( and ordered ) a few Wollies without blackspin.

Comment

I can't see it being a big problem asking him to get one made without the blackspin ferrule, his helper Gav's G-Cues all seem to be fitted with normal brass ferrules.

Comment

Is he really providing cues within a few weeks these days? Business must have dried up a bit if he is.
        "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
          Is he really providing cues within a few weeks these days? Business must have dried up a bit if he is.
          Not sure on the VCM stuff but you can order a Legend to your specs and get it in a few weeks

Comment

Would love to give a Wooly a bash. I just don't want that blackspin ferrule and I doubt he would take kindly to me requesting not having one.
            Have you tried asking me nicely?

I wonder how much business he doesn't get from like minded people?
            Wish it was more. I actually hate fitting brass ferrules now. I'll do them but it's against my advice.

A chance for a top quality cue to your specs in a few weeks.
            Recently, more often than not, within a couple weeks as it happens

Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
            I can't see it being a big problem asking him to get one made without the blackspin ferrule, his helper Gav's G-Cues all seem to be fitted with normal brass ferrules.
            It's not a problem. Just not a preference or recommendation.

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
            Lol, yeah right!

I sincerely wish business would dry up but when you offer the best cues and the best service, that simply ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

But it's interesting your first thought is that business is slow. Funny how people can perceive situations and make wrong assumptions.

In fact, over the last few years I have been perfecting procedures, improving my methods, building my wood stocks etc., etc., which puts me in a position where work can pass through my workshop quicker than ever before.

This is called working smart and is actually a case of streamlined efficiency as opposed to sitting here twiddling my thumbs with no work to do or orders to complete.

Business dried up? That'll keep me laughing for the next few days...

Not sure on the VCM stuff but you can order a Legend to your specs and get it in a few weeks
            Limiting my work to Legend, Vintage and Tiger cues for the last year has greatly helped me focus on getting the workshop right, and when VCM eventually opens, lead time for custom design cues be longer.

But I am more organised now than I have ever been, so my wait times will continue to be less than probably anyone else.
            Last edited by MikeWooldridge; 7 May 2015, 06:31 AM.
            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Does anyone know from scratch how long it takes for a top cue maker to make a completed cue ready for delivery?

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                Have you tried asking me nicely?
                I wonder how much business he doesn't get from like minded people?

Wish it was more. I actually hate fitting brass ferrules now. I'll do them but it's against my advice.
                A chance for a top quality cue to your specs in a few weeks.

Recently, more often than not, within a couple weeks as it happens
                Well I never knew that and for that I apologise as I just assumed thats the way it was and you're scary

I have no doubt that the technology works but I am too long in the tooth and I would rather receive what I am used too. Can I order as normal through the website and just add a note regarding having a brass ferrule?

Cheers

Comment

Well I never knew that and for that I apologise as I just assumed thats the way it was and you're scary
                  Lol. Not really, just got no time for ignorant, rude people. Or that all too common beast - the general knob head

Can I order as normal through the website and just add a note regarding having a brass ferrule?
                  Yes, that's how it works. And email anything else please.
                  The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                    Lol. Not really, just got no time for ignorant, rude people. Or that all too common beast - the general knob head

Yes, that's how it works. And email anything else please.
                    Hey Mike, any Exhibition cues started / finished / pictured, yet ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                      Hey Mike, any Exhibition cues started / finished / pictured, yet ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      no. we're working flat out and no time to even think.

i do have some superb shafts and butt woods though, so they're gonna be the nuts when i eventually get round to them.
                      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

I ordered my MW vintage on the 25th March and it was shipped on 9th April. Good fast turn around and I'm dead chuffed with it, it's fantastic to play with.

I originally looked at a Parris purely because of the name but my coach put me onto MW as he made his cue as well. The whole thing is great quality and the extensions are great to play with as well which is a bonus. Get one ordered and keep him busy

Comment

Good to see you back on here Mike, I thought you had left us!
                          Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

JP may arguably be the best cue but they have the worst service have ever experienced...... Now waited over 38 months for Ultimate cue ordered and fully paid for in advance when waiting time originally listed as 18 months....! No reply to e mails so don't know when it will come - maybe never and been sucked into a scam.....! Anyone else out there suffering the same...?

Comment

Originally Posted by Dale Kwok View Post
                              JP may arguably be the best cue but they have the worst service have ever experienced...... Now waited over 38 months for Ultimate cue ordered and fully paid for in advance when waiting time originally listed as 18 months....! No reply to e mails so don't know when it will come - maybe never and been sucked into a scam.....! Anyone else out there suffering the same...?
                              38 months for a cue that you've not only had poor customer service but your cue still not arrived. Way to many cuemakers verging on thinking they have become so called superstars and I'm afraid you can only blame the gullible customers who are lining their pockets and sticking them on such a high pedestal. There's way to many decent cues out there to not worry about the silly nameplate on the butt of the cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dale Kwok View Post
                                troll post

Comment

Working...
                                X