Why????????
      Agreed couldn't see any trolling in the previous post

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
        Agreed couldn't see any trolling in the previous post
        Some ppl love the drama?

Comment

Hi Guys
          I used a "red glue" for whatever thats worth JP 1 piece cue for a long time until it was damaged beyond repair. After alot of research i went with a MW cue as a replacement and i could not be happier, so much so i have just bought a second in "snooker spec" rather than english pool spec. I honestly feel both MW cues i now own are better players and better finished than my old JP cue. I do however agree with everyones comments above, cue choice is very personal but i would certainly recommend anyone trying a MW cue and one with a blackspin ferrule. IMO of course!

Comment

More fool me but of course didn't know that at time of purchase otherwise never have gone through with it... Might go down legal route now but they probably protected with a swathe of disclaimers......

Comment

Originally Posted by Dale Kwok View Post
              More fool me but of course didn't know that at time of purchase otherwise never have gone through with it... Might go down legal route now but they probably protected with a swathe of disclaimers......
              You'd think if they're that busy, they'd be only too happy to refund and get an order off their list, unless they've already started it and it's past the point they can reuse it for another customer (extremely unlikely). However, it wouldn't surprise me if they were a bit of a pain about it, most companies are. Good luck with it!

Comment

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
                Good to see you back on here Mike, I thought you had left us!
                Nope. Not that easy to get rid of me

Just needed a break. The bad attitudes are rather tiresome...
                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                  Nope. Not that easy to get rid of me

Just needed a break. The bad attitudes are rather tiresome...
                  That's ok then! And yes, there are one too many pilocks around lately.

P.S. Still loving the olive shark
                  Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Hi All, I am new here so sorry to just butt in to a thread. I thought John Parris worked on a deposit system for custom orders? I know MW and some others ask for full payment up front but then his turn around time is a lot quicker so I guess its no problem. Was there any reason for JP wanting full payment?

Originally Posted by Kebabman View Post
                    You'd think if they're that busy, they'd be only too happy to refund and get an order off their list, unless they've already started it and it's past the point they can reuse it for another customer (extremely unlikely). However, it wouldn't surprise me if they were a bit of a pain about it, most companies are. Good luck with it!

Comment

Originally Posted by Kate147 View Post
                      Hi All, I am new here so sorry to just butt in to a thread. I thought John Parris worked on a deposit system for custom orders? I know MW and some others ask for full payment up front but then his turn around time is a lot quicker so I guess its no problem. Was there any reason for JP wanting full payment?
                      I'm guessing here, but maybe upfront payment from overseas customers only? As they would be harder to chase up?

Comment

Originally Posted by Kate147 View Post
                        JP's generous deposit system (compared to full payment) has a bad side effect, cue traders see it as an investment, like buying something on tick, it puts too many chancers in the system and slows things down due to increased demand. Then the cues end up on ebay brand new at extortionate prices. I think JP needs to insist on full payment and remove the chancers. That way, they'd earn more by leaving the dosh in the bank and gathering interest or buying shares or summat, instead of gambling on the future price of cues. Stop making cues an investment, they're supposed to be played with by those who order them!

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                          JP's generous deposit system (compared to full payment) has a bad side effect, cue traders see it as an investment, like buying something on tick, it puts too many chancers in the system and slows things down due to increased demand. Then the cues end up on ebay brand new at extortionate prices. I think JP needs to insist on full payment and remove the chancers. That way, they'd earn more by leaving the dosh in the bank and gathering interest or buying shares or summat, instead of gambling on the future price of cues. Stop making cues an investment, they're supposed to be played with by those who order them!
                          I actually agree with you on this, I think it's also the same with Trevor white etc etc. I mean how easy is it to bung £100 over and know you don't have to find the outstanding payment for 47 years

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            All cues play differently, ignore the badge, if you can try a cue out it's much better
                            But personally i think you would get a better quality made cue from Mike, but that doesn't mean it will play better
                            Custom cues aside I think you make a fair point. That's why it's a good idea to go to a shop or a cue maker who has a rack of finished cues and a TABLE.

Comment

Hi Kate, JP does require deposit as a minimum but I paid 100% in full on voluntarily basis, thinking that would quicken up manufacturing time... Now know makes no difference whatsoever but that isn't the real gripe. It's the dishonesty involved, firstly by accepting order under false pretences when they knew couldn't make within the listed time and not ever saying anything i.e. when ordered the waiting time was listed at 12 months then it was changed to 18 months then to 24 months then to 30 months and if look at JP website now it's 30 to 40 months....! Have friends that ordered Ultimate cues and just received them with cue numbers in the 2100's - mine is in the 4000's and ordered March 2012 so no doubt shortly JP will extend waiting period by another 6 months shortly.....! Anyway if you are thinking of ordering a JP, save yourself some grief and don't do it....

Comment

Originally Posted by Dale Kwok View Post
                                Hi Kate, JP does require deposit as a minimum but I paid 100% in full on voluntarily basis, thinking that would quicken up manufacturing time... Now know makes no difference whatsoever but that isn't the real gripe. It's the dishonesty involved, firstly by accepting order under false pretences when they knew couldn't make within the listed time and not ever saying anything i.e. when ordered the waiting time was listed at 12 months then it was changed to 18 months then to 24 months then to 30 months and if look at JP website now it's 30 to 40 months....! Have friends that ordered Ultimate cues and just received them with cue numbers in the 2100's - mine is in the 4000's and ordered March 2012 so no doubt shortly JP will extend waiting period by another 6 months shortly.....! Anyway if you are thinking of ordering a JP, save yourself some grief and don't do it....
                                Dale, that sounds like a nightmare situation. 30-40 months for a cue. To long to wait for a cue in my opinion. Why doesn't JP stop taking orders for a year on Ultimates to catch up a little?
                                From what I have read you can get an equally good or better cue from the likes of Mike Wooldridge, Jason Owens and Crispian Jones for half the price and a quarter of the waiting time. Obviously for you it is a matter of waiting it out now. I am sure it will be worth it.

Put up some pictures of it or screen shot the cue builder on the Parris website with your cue design, would be great to see it.
                                Take care

Comment

Working...
                                X