X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
    Here is some pure wax - BeaverWax its called hahaa
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BeaverWax-...item3f4e43147f
    Haha! Hello mate. I've just got the dried liquid (Sun and AIR dried Meguairs in the greenhouse). It's at that flaky stage. I put some on a cloth and rubbed it all over the butt. It smells waxy like Mr Sheen. Left in on there a while then buffed up. It produces a nice silky gloss finish, a bit like Mr Sheen (lol). The feel is slightly waxy squeeky. For not a lot of effort, it's quite good but it doesn't look as nice as a high gloss oil finish nor feel as nice in the hand.

The only way to refinish an oil finish cue, is with, you guessed it, oil. And the only way to achieve the best oil finish is the Aurora way. Gotta hand it to them, they know how to finish a cue.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
      Haha! Hello mate. I've just got the dried liquid (Sun and AIR dried Meguairs in the greenhouse). It's at that flaky stage. I put some on a cloth and rubbed it all over the butt. It smells waxy like Mr Sheen. Left in on there a while then buffed up. It produces a nice silky gloss finish, a bit like Mr Sheen (lol). The feel is slightly waxy squeeky. For not a lot of effort, it's quite good but it doesn't look as nice as a high gloss oil finish nor feel as nice in the hand.

The only way to refinish an oil finish cue, is with, you guessed it, oil. And the only way to achieve the best oil finish is the Aurora way. Gotta hand it to them, they know how to finish a cue.
      Fair play, least you've given it a try ... "Mr Sheen shines umpteen things clean".

I've seen Aurora's work - only on the net like but it does look like a very good finish.
      Craftsmans Cues do a good finish too... smooth as you like.

Comment

Fair play, least you've given it a try ... "Mr Sheen shines umpteen things clean".

I've seen Aurora's work - only on the net like but it does look like a very good finish.
        Craftsmans Cues do a good finish too... smooth as you like.
        If I was selling a cue and wanted to impress someone quickly, this finish would be fine but not as a playing finish for me. But it's worth trying if people are curious as they may like it more than me. If they like it, it's an easy finish to maintain. Got some G-Wax, Nikwax etc in the house. Time to have a go with them now! lol
        Last edited by Master Blaster; 22 June 2015, 07:58 PM.

Comment

If I was selling a cue and wanted to impress someone quickly, this finish would be fine but not as a playing finish for me. But it's worth trying if people are curious as they may like it more than me. If they like it, it's an easy finish to maintain.
          Yes agreed, looks like a good quick fix to revive a cue temporarily, also good for pictures and the like.
          The Craftsmans finish I've experienced on a cue and it went across my hand like a silk scarf...lovely jubbly.

Comment

Yes agreed, looks like a good quick fix to revive a cue temporarily, also good for pictures and the like.
            The Craftsmans finish I've experienced on a cue and it went across my hand like a silk scarf...lovely jubbly.
            yeah, know what you mean. Phoenix do something similar and I think they make CC cues now or do they? Can't remember but someone said Dave at CC had stopped making cues. Anyway, lovely finishes and not 'too' glossy.

Comment

yeah, know what you mean. Phoenix do something similar and I think they make CC cues now or do they? Can't remember but someone said Dave at CC had stopped making cues. Anyway, lovely finishes and not 'too' glossy.
              Not sure re Phoenix mate, my knowledge is limited really.
              Good point re the not too glossy, no gimmicks there, just does what it should and does it well, no nonsense - bit like Simon at CC hahaha

Comment

Not sure re Phoenix mate, my knowledge is limited really.
                Good point re the not too glossy, no gimmicks there, just does what it should and does it well, no nonsense - bit like Simon at CC hahaha
                He's spot on. Like that guy if I'm not confused with names again! lol

Just tried two more finishes and my faves are:

1. Nikwax - As glossy as Maguairs, no squeek and feels uber smooth but smells a bit like a pair of boots
                2. Maguairs Deep Polish Liquid (dried to nearly a flake over a few days) - silky glossy, bit of a squeek, slight perfume to it.
                3. Woly Dubbin - matt glossy, smells a lot and sinks in easily. Not very good.

* Wanted to try Graingers G-Wax as I think it contains Beeswax but I've run out. If anyone has some, let me know what the finish is like please.

Comment

He's spot on. Like that guy if I'm not confused with names again! lol

Just tried two more finishes and my faves are:

1. Nikwax - As glossy as Maguairs, no squeek and feels uber smooth but smells a bit like a pair of boots
                  2. Maguairs Deep Polish Liquid (dried to nearly a flake over a few days) - silky glossy, bit of a squeek, slight perfume to it.
                  3. Woly Dubbin - matt glossy, smells a lot and sinks in easily. Not very good.

* Wanted to try Graingers G-Wax as I think it contains Beeswax but I've run out. If anyone has some, let me know what the finish is like please.
                  Haha, he is the younger chap, very straight, no humour but also no BS and pretty knowledgeable - the latter being the most important of course.

Well looks like you are waxing lyrical --------- yawwnnnn, that was cheesy of me I know

Comment

• More work for me....two of the three butters cues I have are still taking oil, and in need of smoothing finishing....and I've bought another. That's a beauty with 28 veneers/spices, and in need of a bit of work. I swear its my last one.

Comment

• Please show us a pic of the 28 splice/veneer cue, ta

Comment

• Any cue oil that is clear? Because i dont wan to darken my splicing. Its a king wood splice and is now in a beautiful reddish brown tone

Comment

• Originally Posted by tofushop193 View Post
                          Any cue oil that is clear? Because i dont wan to darken my splicing. Its a king wood splice and is now in a beautiful reddish brown tone
                          My cue oil does this, maybe I should launch it and not keep just for myself? Light, clear and it hardly changes the wood colour. Angel Oil by Master Blaster, designed for the finest cues.

Comment

Any cue oil that is clear? Because i dont wan to darken my splicing. Its a king wood splice and is now in a beautiful reddish brown tone
                            I have read that Danish Oil is light in colour and wont darken the cue like linseed oil.
                            Read the JimB cue thread (recently), he discuses his choice of oil and how he works it.
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Hi Dean, any cue maker sells danish oil? Cant get any in Singapore.

Comment

Hi Dean, any cue maker sells danish oil? Cant get any in Singapore.
                                The ideal cue oil for you would be Aurora. But getting them to ship anything is problematic at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X