No announcement yet.

cue finishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butt is glossy not the shaft. Shaft is silky smooth. Nice thing about waxing the cue butt with maguairs car wax polish is one uses a match head amount on the butt. And finish is easily restored with a simple buff after use.

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
      Butt is glossy not the shaft. Shaft is silky smooth. Nice thing about waxing the cue butt with maguairs car wax polish is one uses a match head amount on the butt. And finish is easily restored with a simple buff after use.
      I'm hearing you but I prefer a matt shaft, glides better. Ok, so you add Maguairs to the splices, all over? Inside is carnauba wax, the active stuff. Does this make the butt stickier in the hand compared to a plain oil finish? I have Maguairs products in the garage, hence my interest.

Comment

Nope it is not sticky. But I do take a 3000 grit to the butt first and sand it as smooth as possible. Two application if the wax thereafter and done. See post on picture of your cues. The maximus cues jrc posted on my behalf for example or I will do a little demo and post here tomorrow

Comment

Nope it is not sticky. But I do take a 3000 grit to the butt first and sand it as smooth as possible. Two application if the wax thereafter and done. See post on picture of your cues. The maximus cues jrc posted on my behalf for example or I will do a little demo and post here tomorrow
          Cheers bud, please do post some demo pics. I have a custom Phoenix that's a few years old could do with dressing up a bit. Now the original finish is gone, it is almost matt and as said earlier, matt slips easier through skin so some of the grip one can exert on the butt has gone a little. And it would look nicer if it was like its new state. Cue tart.

Comment

Can i be the first to wish you a happy 1000 mb,you can slow down a bit now PLEASE

Comment

I finish all cues myself. Use maguairs car wax on the button and oil on the shaft. Silky smooth shaft and beautiful glossy butt. Will post some pics tomorrow of the cues I finished off.
              Looking forward to them pics.

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                Can i be the first to wish you a happy 1000 mb,you can slow down a bit now PLEASE
                Thanks. Sorry if I offended you down the months mate. Hope we can listen to each other better.
                Slow down? Nah, I got more stuff to discuss so my post count may increase!
                Respect and peace.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                  I'm hearing you but I prefer a matt shaft, glides better. Ok, so you add Maguairs to the splices, all over? Inside is carnauba wax, the active stuff. Does this make the butt stickier in the hand compared to a plain oil finish? I have Maguairs products in the garage, hence my interest.

You need to be checking this out on Wiki M.B, it'll tell you all you need to know there.

Hang on, how come you didn't know about this.?

I'm a little disappointed in you, so much so, that I'm not sure I'll religiously follow all your posts anymore.

P.S..... Peace 'n' love 'n' all that stuff.

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
                    You need to be checking this out on Wiki M.B, it'll tell you all you need to know there.

Hang on, how come you didn't know about this.?

I'm a little disappointed in you, so much so, that I'm not sure I'll religiously follow all your posts anymore.

P.S..... Peace 'n' love 'n' all that stuff.

More barbs, no advice. I would have appreciated your advice and experience, but you were saving your efforts for this. You might make great cues, but what use do you think you are to other people here?
                    Last edited by tetricky; 10 June 2015, 12:18 AM.

Comment

cue finishing

that was banter aimed at mb,why would it offend you,uumm?

Comment

Originally Posted by tetricky View Post
                        More barbs, no advice. I would have appreciated your advice and experience, but you were saving your efforts for this. You might make great cues, but what use do you think you are to other people here?

Advice.???..... no one asked me for any advice. Is it my job to provide advice here.?

Whenever I have posted, it's often to put forward opinions or advice which is based on actual experience and knowledge, and, not on nonsensical biased views, that are slung out with the intention of nothing more than to wind people up. Have a read through posts I have made in the past (not these last weeks posts, which are purely banter with our old M.B chum) You may notice that they are posts which are never aimed at promoting myself or with any intention of trying to get the readers here to aim their cash at me. They are not written with any agenda other than to inform people here of things they may not understand or know about, so as to empower people to perhaps consider the issues a little more and use some critical thinking to better form their own opinions or views.

As for what people think of me, well, I'm not too concerned with that comment, because I think the majority who post here with any kind of frequency know what I am like. If I'm wrong on that, I'll live with it.

Good luck oiling your cue by the way.
                        Last edited by trevs1; 10 June 2015, 06:52 AM.

Comment

I like this guy, sounds like me 900 posts ago. Keep it up. You tell all them up-market cue makers up their own chuffs what they can do mate! Waste of money!

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                            I like this guy, sounds like me 900 posts ago. Keep it up. You tell all them up-market cue makers up their own chuffs what they can do mate! Waste of money!
                            Yes exactly, why he ever needed any advice is beyond me, he could have gone straight to Wikipedia and got everything he was looking for.

Comment

Morning M.B.

Next.......

Comment

I'm struggling to understand this. You seem to be implying that to post on here, you have to be of use to other people ?

This would be a very quiet forum, if this were the case.

Enough room for all, from those who post to inform ( from a position of sound knowledge ), to

those who just seem to post to increase their post count.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X