Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by sanman View Post
    some pics of cues I finished off[ATTACH]17888[/ATTACH]
    Cheers, that looks a bit better than my finish with liquid M but in the same sort of silky gloss league. I like it. Aurora's oil finish is exceptional but who's got all that time?

Do you have a problem with opening a youtube account or is it the really long upload time that's the prob? I know it took me 8hrs to do about 4mins one time.

Comment

• I have set up a gmail account. A different one to my email on my mobile. Will set up a utube account and post this afternoon. Its half a gig so hopefully tomorrow it would be all sorted. The reason is I get the finish is i use the solid wax and not liquid polish. Also the wax finish is quite durable depending on how often you use the cue. A simple buff after use restores finish.
      Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
      Cheers, that looks a bit better than my finish with liquid M but in the same sort of silky gloss league. I like it. Aurora's oil finish is exceptional but who's got all that time?

Do you have a problem with opening a youtube account or is it the really long upload time that's the prob? I know it took me 8hrs to do about 4mins one time.

Comment

• cue finishing

I'm looking forward to this epic more than the Minions movie!
        #jeSuisByrom

Comment

• as soon as its uploads you get front row seats Fredkite
          Originally Posted by fredkite View Post
          I'm looking forward to this epic more than the Minions movie!

Comment

• cue finishing

Cheers pal!
            #jeSuisByrom

Comment

• Just an update fredkite. 60 percent uploaded and about 2 hrs to go. I am going to sleep early as I have an early morning. Title of video is "cue butt wax". Anyone who is up in two hours time feel free to put up the link. My youtube first post so I don't think I made the cut to replace Jeremy Clarkson but I think I did ok.

Comment

Just an update fredkite. 60 percent uploaded and about 2 hrs to go. I am going to sleep early as I have an early morning. Title of video is "cue butt wax". Anyone who is up in two hours time feel free to put up the link. My youtube first post so I don't think I made the cut to replace Jeremy Clarkson but I think I did ok.
                Congrats! First upload is a bit nervy. You'll be known worldwide soon! I'm gonna pour the liquid into a shallow dish tonight and dry it out, releasing the solvents. Let's see if this produces something more concentrated in carnauba.
                Last edited by Master Blaster; 15 June 2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y8aLWb...ature=youtu.be

Just turn off your safety mode to view. Any questions I will answer tomorrow. 11.10pm and I am getting up at 4am so need at least 20 winks. Hope u enjoy the vid fredkite. Get the popcorn out
                  Last edited by sanman; 15 June 2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y8aLWb...ature=youtu.be

Just turn off your safety mode to view. Any questions I will answer tomorrow. 11.10pm and I am getting up at 4am so need at least 20 winks. Hope u enjoy the vid fredkite. Get the popcorn out
                    Nice vid !! glad we Lrnd sum new !! I always use the wax for the ferrule !! did'nt know works on the butt as well. nex time gonna give it a try !!

Comment

• Just a few points to go with the video. I normally wax a cue after every 6 months. Not too often. I would not advise more after than this. Buffing after use normally brings back a decent shine. Ramon before you wax the butt for the first time preparation is essential. I normally use a 2000 sandpaper and sand the butt of cue for 2 to 3 minutes. Be careful of your badge. Always sand top to bottom. You want to achieve a silky finish. One you achieve a matt gloss silky finish with the sandpaper drywipe with cloth and you are ready to wax. Use as little of the wax as possible. If doing for the first time I suggest a second wax coating just to improve the shine. Thereafter you should never have to sand the cue again.

Comment

• Great vid Sanman and a great result, thanks. We need to see the MB vid as well, bet he has a 50k vid camera
                        #jeSuisByrom

Comment

• Thanks Fredkite. Just as a note. Total cost is piece of 2000 grit sandpaper a tissue town or soft clothe to polish/buff and a half ml at most polish. Mere cents. After you polish for the first time total cost of a polish,as no sanding is required for subsequent polish is less than 1 US cent. Now this cannot be topped for value
                          Last edited by sanman; 16 June 2015, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Your're not wrong, cheap as chips.
                            #jeSuisByrom

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y8aLWb...ature=youtu.be

Wax on, wax off, loads better than oil polishing. If you did that few times it would be near Aurora in finish.

Lovely video! Fred, it could take an eon for my liquid to concentrate. I need sanjay to fly me over some of his stuff. Or find some pure carnauaba from somewhere in the UK.

Sanjay, have you done this to balls ever, instead of Aramith polish?
                              Last edited by Master Blaster; 16 June 2015, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Sanjay, how does this feel in comparison to an oil finish or more traditional cue wax finish in the hand?

Comment

Working...
                                X