Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craftsmen cue - anniversary - good starter cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsmen cue - anniversary - good starter cue?

Hi All - my first post here, have enjoyed reading the various posts! I have recently caught the snooker bug and am looking to buy a decent cue (have been playing with the club cue which has a broken tip and feels pretty cheapso it's about time)

I have a budget of around £200 - i live abroad so can't really try before i buy.. based on the various threads I have read, craftsman appears to offer good value for money. Would you agree - I have been looking on their site and this anniversary cue is available:

http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...499.html#SID=9

Any opinions on this would be welcome. Similar alternatives woukd be welcome..

I have little knowledge of weight and butt size and will just go standard around 18oz 9.75 mm tip ..

To narrow down im not interested in second hand and am just looking for a good value for money cue that I can develop my game with .. I feel more comfortable buying from a recognised brand

Thx for your input ..

Ps in terms of accessories what would you add to the order ? Butt extension , elk master replacement tips and a solid case?

Pps I think 3/4 cue will be the way to go for delivery purposes

Nice cue from a reputable source.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1820blue View Post
      Hi All - my first post here, have enjoyed reading the various posts! I have recently caught the snooker bug and am looking to buy a decent cue (have been playing with the club cue which has a broken tip and feels pretty cheapso it's about time)

I have a budget of around £200 - i live abroad so can't really try before i buy.. based on the various threads I have read, craftsman appears to offer good value for money. Would you agree - I have been looking on their site and this anniversary cue is available:

http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...499.html#SID=9

Any opinions on this would be welcome. Similar alternatives woukd be welcome..

I have little knowledge of weight and butt size and will just go standard around 18oz 9.75 mm tip ..

To narrow down im not interested in second hand and am just looking for a good value for money cue that I can develop my game with .. I feel more comfortable buying from a recognised brand

Thx for your input ..

Ps in terms of accessories what would you add to the order ? Butt extension , elk master replacement tips and a solid case?

Pps I think 3/4 cue will be the way to go for delivery purposes
      It's a pretty thing, like a boiled sweet. Like the plate. £220 is a bargain for a hand made cue from the UK. As said, trustable source of cues, no dodgy cues made in Thailand then oiled up and sold as British from CC, no way. Kosha company, kosha cues. I've had dealings with them, great service as well.

Comment

I have 2 Craftsmen cue's and they are both excellent, I went up to their shop to get my second one, they were brilliant they helped me choose the right cue for me and even altered the new cue so that both of my extensions fit on both cue's.

Comment

Where are you from mate

Comment

Thanks all for the great feedback! I have been looking at other cue makers in similar price range and the peradon king is a similar price - I have read good reviews on this specific cue as opposed to peradon itself which seems more hit and miss ... Any other options in that price range that would be worth considering!?

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
              Where are you from mate
              Born in England but currently living in switzerland ... Great one table club down the road so not complaining

Comment

send me your email. I have a few stonking cues I might let go for the price range.

Born in England but currently living in switzerland ... Great one table club down the road so not complaining

Comment

send me your email. I have a few stonking cues I might let go for the price range.
                  All the way from Durban?!

Dino100_8@yahoo.com

Comment

yep sunny old durban. Cues airdries much better here lol. Will send u an email later.
                    All the way from Durban?!

Dino100_8@yahoo.com

Comment

yep sunny old durban. Cues airdries much better here lol. Will send u an email later.
                      Lol sounds good you can send me over some biltong whilst your at it ��

Comment

Lol sounds good you can send me over some biltong whilst your at it ��
                        No problem mate. What flavour

Comment

No problem mate. What flavour
                          Elk master ����

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                            It's a pretty thing, like a boiled sweet. Like the plate. £220 is a bargain for a hand made cue from the UK. As said, trustable source of cues, no dodgy cues made in Thailand then oiled up and sold as British from CC, no way. Kosha company, kosha cues. I've had dealings with them, great service as well.
                            So I decided to get in contact with Craftsman to see what other cues they have on offer etc... I was surprised to get the reply that they no longer stock any craftsman cues and was recommended to take a phoenix instead which they also sell on their webiste..

Does anyone know anything about this? have craftsman stopped making cues?!

Comment

So I decided to get in contact with Craftsman to see what other cues they have on offer etc... I was surprised to get the reply that they no longer stock any craftsman cues and was recommended to take a phoenix instead which they also sell on their webiste..
                              Does anyone know anything about this? have craftsman stopped making cues?!
                              Yes they stopped. Think the old boy wanted to retire.

Comment

Working...
                              X