Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craftsmen cue - anniversary - good starter cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
    Yes they stopped. Think the old boy wanted to retire.
    A real shame, skills lost, more Thai clunk wood on the way instead.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
      A real shame, skills lost, more Thai clunk wood on the way instead.
      Not all Thai cues are pap master B - there is a market for em I think - Have you ever tried a more up market Thai cue? - say a Maximus ultimate, an O'min Hunter or a T Prax beyond? Or are you just going off one or two cues you used?

I'm just curious what cues you tried to give you your opinion.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
        Not all Thai cues are pap master B - there is a market for em I think - Have you ever tried a more up market Thai cue? - say a Maximus ultimate, an O'min Hunter or a T Prax beyond? Or are you just going off one or two cues you used?

I'm just curious what cues you tried to give you your opinion.
        They're just not as good as our cues. Simple as that. I've tried loads of Thai cues and most of em are clunk. Some are good but you get what you pay for. Don't forget as well, the best Thai shafts made are saved for 'British' cues. Top spec Cue Craft cues are better than most Thais cues and Cue Craft's custom cues are as good as anything the Thais can make and they're cheaper and better value than an O'min Hunter. My favourite cues that I own are my Purist, JPU and CJ. Of the cues I've tried but don't own anymore, I'd say a RC and TW take some beating. CC are cracking cues as well, shame they're no longer going to be made. All these cues employ people keeping up skills in this country, paying tax on earnings, paying tax on profits, the stuff used to keep the NHS going, our roads, defence................................

Yeah, I like folk working in this country, helping out the balance of payments deficit, the budget deficit, etc. But hey, if you want to sell your country down the Bangkok river, go ahead, be my unpatriotic guest.

Comment

Please don't take advice about Thai cues from the loon in the above post, Thai cues are of a very good quality.

Comment

No one with an IQ does accept his drivel. We accept him like one does an ulcer. Just here to annoy aggrevate irritate and opinionate.
            Originally Posted by Leo View Post
            Please don't take advice about Thai cues from the loon in the above post, Thai cues are of a very good quality.

Comment

Its a crying shame he spoils every thread

Comment

Originally Posted by Leo View Post
                Couldn't agree more. Their shafts are second to none. That's why we had the Thai Gate scandal (older members will remember it well)
                "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by Maverick54 View Post
                  Couldn't agree more. Their shafts are second to none. That's why we had the Thai Gate scandal (older members will remember it well)
                  Thai Gate continues because some very famous cue makers in this country are greedy so and sos. You'd be amazed. Neil knows.

When there are no cue makers left in this country and all the British badges are nothing more than that, what you gonna say? Summat like isn't it a dreadful shame there are no cue makers left?

Will it be you and others who caused this sad state of affairs?

Comment

Working...
                  X